What to you get @ the movies.. or Bring??

Options
I'm going to the movies tonight and don't really think anything is a good choice to eat! What to you eat or bring (shhh lol) with you???

I really think they should offer healthier choices at the movies!

Replies

• gnrduff1
    gnrduff1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the movies tonight and don't really think anything is a good choice to eat! What to you eat or bring (shhh lol) with you???

I really think they should offer healthier choices at the movies!
    LOL I was just thinking about posting this same thing. I'm thinking I'll have to bring something. Nothing there is a good option, not to mention waaaay too expensive for what you get.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I bring Nature Valley oats and honey granola bars. Much better than popcorn. And you can get it passed the food security.
  • setter928
    setter928 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Grapes would be an excellent choice!
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I always take plain popcorn, a bottle of water and sometimes a little chocolate treat. You can't go to the movies without some candy.
  • fightingforfiftyfive
    Options
    A nice cold bottle of water lol
  • DeniseAS
    Options
    I watch the movie and maybe chew gum. All that movie food is not healthy for you and besides it costs an arm and a leg.
    I'd rather focus on the movie I paid to see and relax.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    The last time I went to the movies I took a baggie of carrots and celery and a bottle of water. It was a total success! I'll do it again next time. :love:
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I practically take a lunch...I take grimm's turkey pepperoni sticks, kashi granola mocha bar, and cheese...all in a little bag and may have a few kernels from my hubby but get full on the good stuff. Then enjoy! Is that bad? Lol
  • vtempes
    vtempes Posts: 47
    Options
    We often bring pistachios.
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Take your own popcorn or chuppa chup from home and have a diet coke/sparkling water =)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I stopped going - I can't watch without popcorn with butter flavored palm oil, hot dogs, nachos and a huge diet drink,

That's something I just had to give up.
    No biggie....
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    I dont bring anything or eat anything.
    I make sure I am full going in and its never a problem.
  • hybridscientist
    hybridscientist Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    a cold bottle of water and some pumpkin seeds
  • menglema
    Options
    popcorn from home, a serving size of milk duds, water
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I can't watch without popcorn with butter flavored palm oil, hot dogs, nachos and a huge diet drink,

Was that just at the one movie??? :noway:
    Congratulations on your transformation, body and mind! :happy:
  • amberpugh
    amberpugh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the rasinettes, and I always get ice water. I also get the popcorn with no butter and treat it like a meal. If the kids and I see a movie, that is our dinner.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    The movie theater is one place I allow indulgence. I love the popcorn at the theater.

This is why I only got movies no more than once every other month or so though. :smile:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I dont bring anything or eat anything.
    I make sure I am full going in and its never a problem.

I agree with this. Snacks are not an integral part of the moviegoing experience, really, and you can easily learn to enjoy it without them. Plus, if it's not a movie I would enjoy without a snack, I really don't want to spend the $10 for a ticket anyway.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Surprised the obligatory post about eatting while watching a movie/TV is bad for you since your mind is focused on the script rather then what you are eatting.
    When the rare occassion comes around and I go to a movie, I take my own bottle of water or diet soda {it is a rare occassion so soda is a treat} and some snack such as veggie chips. Leave the carots and celery at home, noone really wants to hear that.
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my favorite too with extra butter lol.. last two few times I went I have stayed away!! I guess I'm sneaking my own snacks and buying a diet coke or water :)