Gym recommendations in the PA area?

Options
We live in the Reading PA area...My SO joined world gym this past week....23.15/mo. with about a $40 sign up fee. I would do the same but because of my crazy work schedule, that particular gym isnt convienent with their hours.

Planet fitness, as cheap as it is, they dont have any classes (I love zumba as much as I suck at dancing) and they dont have any child care options when I have my toddler...Plus its obnoxious to hear that stupid siren go off every time some tool drops a weight or dumbbell.

I looked into LA Fitness, which appears to be my best option so far..would be $40/mo with unlimited childcare and work outs, and includes any classes that I want at all and it opens at 5am and closes at midnight....but the guy there was a real a-hole....which kinda deterred me...I dont need to feel judged because Im not as fit, and I have a little guy coming in with me at times...

So I was curious if there were any other gyms, even if youre in a different state, that maybe my area would have, that you would recommend? I would like it if they had some form of child care (for the times I have my toddler) and arent too expensive...this is def a diet and work out on a budget...I want to keep my costs at a min, since I have some other priorities and guilts about sending my money outside of the home where it could benefit my son or our savings...

Help?

Replies

• rcolours7
    Options
    try your local ymca.....they may be running a special right now to waive the joiner fee....each y is run differently. most y's offer childcare for a small fee while u take a class.

i live not too far from you (king of prussia area) and belong to the freedom valley y.....

figure out if there is a y near your work that you could join. that's a good way to be able to get a work out in b/f getting home. you don't have to live in the same area that you join a y.

hope this helps..

friend me too if you would like.