xbox kinect workouts?

Options
I was thinking about getting one of these for rainy days, early morning and late night plays for their work out games...(and of course for my son and fiance' to play with too lol)

Anyone have one? Does it truely work? I have no interest in buying a Wii so the Wii fit isnt an option. Just curious of who has these and if they think they work.

Thanks =)

Replies

• Crashley04
    Options
    We just got an xbox with kinect a couple weeks ago and it came with Just Dance 3. I'm not sure of the calorie burning, or the actual "work out" aspect of it, but it KICKS MY BUTT! My friend has Zumba for her wii (I know, I'm getting there) and we've done it some. It is a lot of fun and I sweat like crazy. I saw they make it for the xbox the other day. I wanna get it ;)
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Zumba is good but a bit frustrating if you're not already very fit.

I use Mel B fitness challenge and it is FANTASTIC, it feels like having a personal trainer, and it costs less than one session with the trainer.

I bought EA sports active yesterday and have not had a chance to buy it yet, but my partner who does manual work, is incredibly fit with a BMI of 22 said it was the hardest he's worked out in years.
  • daniellalove85
    daniellalove85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I use the Konnect, I play Dance Central for an hour or longer. Is Soo much fun & u forget ur working out. It also has a workout mode which calculates ur heart rate & calories u burn. I don't have any workout video games yet but I will b investing in some soon. I had the Wii Fit Plus & the connect is way better. Also, when u but the Konnect they give u a sports game which is really fun too! U also sweat alot playing the sports. Personally I love it! Hope that helps
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys! Kinda verified my thoughts on it =)
  • Te2005
    Te2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I bought the biggest losser ultimate challenge and am feeling the burn big time! I too have been using the just dance 3 and am very exvited to hear dance central counts you calorie burn, simething jd3 lacks and drives me nuts! With me, if the workout isn't fun, I simply won't do it. My kids even dance with me, trying to beat mommy's score. I have worked out with the wii and prefer my kinect. More movement, and much easier to engage my core. Have fun!