1/2 cup DRY?!?!?!

Options
KaitieBug
KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
Who eats DRY noodles?! :noway: Anyone know how to tell what a serving of COOKED pasta is when the package only gives nutritional info for dry? This has been irking me for quite awhile, especially since we eat pasta a lot in my house...Thanks!!!

Replies

• KaitieBug
    Options
    Who eats DRY noodles?! :noway: Anyone know how to tell what a serving of COOKED pasta is when the package only gives nutritional info for dry? This has been irking me for quite awhile, especially since we eat pasta a lot in my house...Thanks!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    lol u measure it dry and then cook it...u use the dry measurement info to log it in food log
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    One of these days, measure 1/2 cup and cook that part separately. That will give you a better idea on what kind of portions you should have when you make bulk meals like pasta.

The food diary on here might have cooked measurements also.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    yeah it's pretty simple actually lets say the nutritional info is for a cup of noodles and lets say you cook a cup of noodles and then eat half of whats there when they're cooked... you still ate half of the noodles they're just not dry anymore. So if the cup of dry noodles is worth 200 calories and you ate half of them you just ate 100 cals.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I just learned this and I was STOKED!!!!!! I had always thought that the 1/2 cup was cooked, and I was so sad that I'd never eat pasta the same way again.

When I learned it was measured dry, then you get to eat what it plumps up to be, :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: WOW! Happy Day!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I know that 2 ounces of dry pasta generally = 1 cup cooked.

That is the rule I go by! Often on the box of pasta, it will give you an ounce option as the "serving"
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile: