Six Pack Abs by the Summer

deucechili
deucechili Posts: 6
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Hi all,

My name is Jonathan and this website has been such a motivation. Over the past few years, my body has been status quo...eating horribly, minimumal exercise and my body reflected the effort that I put in. After a rough break up (which I have found definitely motivates people to go to the gym), I have decided to accomplish something that I have always wanted to...Six Pack Abs by the summer. I lost 12 pounds since January and I hit a plateau...I found this website to adjust my eating and exercise to loose the extra 10 pounds I would need for the six pack. I would love some help, motivation and more ab exercises to help me

So who is in?

What is your start weight?
Goal weight?
Ab routine?

Good luck to all

Jonathan

Replies

• Hi all,

My name is Jonathan and this website has been such a motivation. Over the past few years, my body has been status quo...eating horribly, minimumal exercise and my body reflected the effort that I put in. After a rough break up (which I have found definitely motivates people to go to the gym), I have decided to accomplish something that I have always wanted to...Six Pack Abs by the summer. I lost 12 pounds since January and I hit a plateau...I found this website to adjust my eating and exercise to loose the extra 10 pounds I would need for the six pack. I would love some help, motivation and more ab exercises to help me

So who is in?

What is your start weight?
    Goal weight?
    Ab routine?

Good luck to all

Jonathan
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    I'm after the same goal as you....
    trick is not to jsut focus on working your abs...work all of your muscles - more muscle mass you have the more fat you will burn. Therefore train every muscle hard - split routines up into body parts -

eg. TWO WEEK ROUTINE
    Monday - Chest
    Tues - Cardio
    Wed - Legs,
    Thurs - Cardio
    Fri - Bi's & Tri's
    Sat - REST
    Sun - REST
    Monday - Back
    Tues - Cardio
    Wed - Shoulders

or alternatively have the two days off at the end of the routine - but I sometimes miss a day here or there for some reason or other and fill in where necessary.

Work abs just like any other muscle - train once a week or once a fortnight - depending on routine.

To grow muscles need nutrion and rest - so training abs every day will just over work, strain and damage them...

Any tips you have I'd appreciate and good luck dude!

Obviously thought you will need to do cardio aswell - above was just an example
  • I just bought Insanity in an attempt to get some sexy abs. I run a lot and lift so the abs are starting to peak through... but not as much as I'd like!
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    :huh: what is 'insanity'?
This discussion has been closed.