Leap Year Challenge - Who's In??

Options
Ok, I have excercised every day in January so far and despite 28 straight days, 1,378 mins and 21,831 cals burned, I haven't officially lost a single pound! However, I am nearly certain this is due to the adjustment to a more accurate scale and some muscle gains...right?

Anyway, my plan is to keep at it and excersice EVERY DAY in February too just to make sure! Besides, how often can you say "I excercised ALL 29 days of February"?

What counts? I like to use this site (http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc) as my guide and shoot for a minimum of 100 extra calories over my normal daily baseline.

WHO'S IN?

If you are, I'll bump this thread on 2/1 and start posting results using a format like this:

DAY
CALS
MINS
============================================
28 (running)
============================================
Total
570 cals
28 mins

Best of luck to all!

Replies

• Nyeesha
    Nyeesha Posts: 54
    Options
    Are you doing a particular workout as the challenge? Or just working out everyday? It leap year .. And im in on the challenge! You can add me as a friend if you like
  • Sammychch
    Options
    I'm in,
    I only joined myfitnesspall today but felling very motivated.
    Look forward to adding my exercise here in Feb.
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    Sounds great! Am keen.

Does anything count or is there a min. amount u have to do?
  • allenpearcy
    allenpearcy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Am keen.

Does anything count or is there a min. amount u have to do?

Check out the link I provided in my original post as a good reference for all sorts of activities to burn those calories! I personally shoot for a minimum of 100 calories, but this is really up to you!
  • tfancey
    tfancey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm so in :D
  • Pizzagirl50
    Pizzagirl50 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Great challenge!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I actually think we should have group with daily challenge to keep motivated. I am in!
  • allenpearcy
    Options
    Are you doing a particular workout as the challenge? Or just working out everyday? It leap year .. And im in on the challenge! You can add me as a friend if you like

Nothing in particular, but I do have a routine of sorts. Below is a link to my January efforts. February will look similar with one addition - lap swimming as I am preparing for my first Triathalon!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/allenpearcy/view/january-2012-excercise-log-updates-daily-191318
  • allenpearcy
    Options
    I actually think we should have group with daily challenge to keep motivated. I am in!

Great idea. I just created the group and sent everyone already here an invite!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2912-february-2012-29-day-challenge
  • jomamah1
    jomamah1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Do we log daily here or what? New to this site but already loving moving more and eating better.
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    im in. this sounds like a great way to get motivated and jump start my workouts.
  • courtfort
    courtfort Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited! Here we go! :)
  • BrandiD56
    BrandiD56 Posts: 103
    Options
    This sounds like fun.
  • Katieladie40
    Options
    Im in!
  • r25jlt
    r25jlt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Need the motivation!! Plus loving the "I exercised all 29 days of Feb" thing!! :-)
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi, pls count me in...I need the challenge to loose the last 12.6 lbs.
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i'd love to do this too
  • swiss31
    swiss31 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Rizo369
    Rizo369 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Ceithlenn
    Ceithlenn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I have not been able to exercise for the last two weeks due to a sciatica flare up. Ready to get started again! Thanks for the challenge. :flowerforyou: