Yummy chicken Recipe great for lunch or dinner

Options
I made this up myself, it is delish!!!!

2 servings

1 large chicken breast with tenders pounded thin
1 large sweet pepper, any kind (I use long green/red sweet peppers)
1-2 gloves garlic
one small onion
6-8 green olives with pimentos
2-3 tablespoons of cream cheese low fat
4 button mushrooms
1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese shredded
Pam butter flavored spray

Spray frying pan and on med heat saute garlic and onion until carmelized. Turn heat up and put in chicken and brown on both sides. Once chicken is brown, remove and cut or shred up into small pieces. Chicken will NOT be all the way cooked that is fine. Put chicken back in pan and add CHOPPED olives and CHOPPED mushrooms. Let cook 2 minutes stirring occassionally. Add cream cheese. Stir until melted and incorporated into mix.

Half and core peppers like you would for stuffed peppers. Fill peppers with the chicken mixture. NOTE: if the mixture is a bit dry, add a bit of olive juice before putting in peppers. Sprinkle with parm cheese and bake in oven (I use my toaster oven) at 325 for about 15 minutes or until peppers are relaxed, but still a bit crunchy.

Enjoy!

Replies

• goldenreef
    Options
    I made this up myself, it is delish!!!!

2 servings

1 large chicken breast with tenders pounded thin
    1 large sweet pepper, any kind (I use long green/red sweet peppers)
    1-2 gloves garlic
    one small onion
    6-8 green olives with pimentos
    2-3 tablespoons of cream cheese low fat
    4 button mushrooms
    1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese shredded
    Pam butter flavored spray

Spray frying pan and on med heat saute garlic and onion until carmelized. Turn heat up and put in chicken and brown on both sides. Once chicken is brown, remove and cut or shred up into small pieces. Chicken will NOT be all the way cooked that is fine. Put chicken back in pan and add CHOPPED olives and CHOPPED mushrooms. Let cook 2 minutes stirring occassionally. Add cream cheese. Stir until melted and incorporated into mix.

Half and core peppers like you would for stuffed peppers. Fill peppers with the chicken mixture. NOTE: if the mixture is a bit dry, add a bit of olive juice before putting in peppers. Sprinkle with parm cheese and bake in oven (I use my toaster oven) at 325 for about 15 minutes or until peppers are relaxed, but still a bit crunchy.

Enjoy!
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    sounds great how many calories is it? :drinker:
  • goldenreef
    Options
    sounds great how many calories is it? :drinker:
    Each serving is about 250 calories!!!
  • abbylove08
    abbylove08 Posts: 215
    Options
    this sounds SO good!