Let's go for a run!

Options
I was lazying around this Sunday and am trying to motivate myself to go for a run, so I thought it might be good to motivate ourselves today together.

I am going go try to do 30mins (5k). What is your exercise goal today?

Replies

• orchidsand
    Options
    Going to walk 5 miles (if the shoe sitution is better), and or swim 1600 meters (1 mile).
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Going out in about 1/2 hour to run with my girlfriend...should get in about 6 miles or more! We meet every Sunday am...it is nice to have a running partner...
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm debating the 5 mile run I'd intended for today. My shin is a bit achey, and I'm not sure whether to rest it or not. Going to do it later in the day than planned, so will see how it feels in a bit. I don't normally get babyish about aches, but I really don't want to mess up my legs just as I'm starting to do decent distances.

If I decide against the run, I'll go to the gym instead.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Intervals today on the treadmill. 10 miles is the goal. We have had some unseasonably warm weather this year but I just went outside.. holy cow its COLD out there... warming up the car before I venture out.
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    PHEW. Went further and longer than I planned and managed 5 miles in 50 minutes. The furthest I have run in over 2 years. For some reason, being on my own made me go further, as each time I reached my goal, I told myself to keep going for another 3 minutes, which added up to 20 minutes longer than what I had set out to do. YEAH!
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Going a minimum of 8 miles... as soon as I can convince myself that I'm not cold.. and it's not cold outside....
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Going for 5 miles once the sun comes up....and hopefully the temperature will be above freezing!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    PHEW. Went further and longer than I planned and managed 5 miles in 50 minutes. The furthest I have run in over 2 years. For some reason, being on my own made me go further, as each time I reached my goal, I told myself to keep going for another 3 minutes, which added up to 20 minutes longer than what I had set out to do. YEAH!

Love that... I always say to myself... "come on, you know you have another three minutes in you... "
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    just got back from a 7.5 mile run. wanted to do a little more but my knee was getting sore and didn't want to push it.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Did a 10km run this morning, most of it in the pouring rain!:bigsmile:
    Had to rescue my wet blackberry (which I thought was OK inside my rain jacket - ha ha...:sad: and dump it in a baggie with dry rice for a couple of hours, but it works again!!:drinker: