Another HRM question...

Options
So I've been thinking about getting one. I would like one that has GPS and can track distance, be suitable for the casual runner (x3 jogs / week) and is relatively accurate with counting calories burned. Any suggestions? (sorry but I tried searching the forums and there's a LOT of confusing info coming back at me)

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Garmin does GPS(but if you want it to count calories, I'm not sure all of them do).

Polar FT60, FT80(both have the option for GPS.. Not sure if you can buy the sensor and the HRM at the same time.. You'd have to look).

I personally have a Polar FT60(that I use without GPS) and it's fairly easy to use/set up. I know that to buy the sensor on Amazon it's around 80 dollars but I think you can buy the whole unit(watch and sensor) for around 150.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    there HRM I have is from sports tracker.com and you can download the program for your phone and then use it with or without the monitor and then if you do want to purchase the heart rate monitor from them or any that has bluetooth that you can pair with your phone and you can get all the info from it and upload it to there site and log what and when you do it and even see were you was on the map
    hope this is of any help
    steve
  • hybridscientist
    hybridscientist Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hmm i hadn't thought of using my andriod... thanks!!