The difference between...

Options
Can anyone tell me the difference between Roller Blading (Inline skating) and skating, Roller (rollerblading, roller blading) on the exercise list? If you chose the first option, at my weight I burn 1164 calories in 60 minutes, and if I chose the second, I burn 669 in 60 minutes.

Replies

• Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me the difference between Roller Blading (Inline skating) and skating, Roller (rollerblading, roller blading) on the exercise list? If you chose the first option, at my weight I burn 1164 calories in 60 minutes, and if I chose the second, I burn 669 in 60 minutes.

always go with the lower number on these issues
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Both sound high to me. I think i would go with the second to be safer.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I used to do in-line skating when I was younger. The difference is, in-line skating you are doing things such as grinding on a pole, or going up and down ramps and doing tricks where as just regular roller blading would be just roller blading down the street and thats all.
  • bethieannie
    bethieannie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks thatgirl125! That clears up a lot of confusion! I usually burn about 600 an hour when rollerblading, and wasn't sure why the site would say SO much higher, I was wondering if it was an error. I wish it would specify that, so we don't accidentally use the wrong one and WAAAAAAAAAAAAY overestimate our calorie counts