Just started level 3 of 30 day shred

Options
...and now that was tough!!

I read that a lot of people found the progression from L1 to L2 harder than from L2 to L3, and I think this gave me a false sense of security!!!!

I've done the shred 10 days on each level... Only missing L2D8, but made up for it by doing L2D8 and L2D9 back to back on the same day. I think that day one of each level is tough. The progression, in terms of upping the intensity felt the same to me in each case. What has been a constant motivation to me though, is that day by day, it really truly does get easier... I've felt my strength improve in such a short time on this. I remember after day 1 and 2 of level 1 how I struggled to walk down stairs... my legs felt SO sore!!!!

I've stepped on the scale every few days, sometimes every day, and there has not really been that much movement. But, as with most of you who have had the same thing, I'm putting it down to lean gain, along with fat loss. Plus, as I'm 5'3" and just over 132lbs, (starting weight 151lbs), I'm getting quite close to my preliminary goal weight of 126lbs, so I expected these last few pounds be stubborn. I did take a before pic and I really hope that my after pic shows some sort of difference. I feel part optimistic, but part nervous that nothing will show. At the gym, I rotate between steady state cardio (jogging on treadmill, moderate pace on crosstrainer, interval training on treadmill and tabata on bike.) I also do some strength training (machines and free weights) here and there, maybe 2 -3 times a week.

Anyway, is anyone else on level 3 right now too? Whats your post-shred plan?

I'm trying to get myself bikini-ready for a big holiday in May and so I may skip Ripped in 30 and do 6 Week Sixpack instead, but not as religiously as I've done the shred. To be honest, I feel like I've compromised on my gym routine lately because there's just not much time during the week after work to do 30DS AND gym, and when I do, I feel like I don't actually have a life anymore --- like the whole week is devoted to work (job) and work (exercise.)

Anyway, just wanted to share my shred story so far and keen to hear how you guys are doing with this.... Your plans after, your results, thoughts on 6w6p... and any tips on shedding those last few pounds????

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I've already gone through the Shred once myself, now I'm doing it again w/ my DH, yes that change to level 3 is TOUGH. (especially this time since I'm using heavier weights) The jumping gets rough on my knees but I just take it easy if they start feeling 'weird'. I LOVE the renegade rows - that move makes me feel like a badass. LOL

The first time I finished, I got some other Jillian dvds (Banish Fat Boost Metabolism - that one's all cardio for 40 minutes, plus stretching, No More Trouble Zones - another 40 minute dvd but mainly strength/resistance, Extreme Shed and Shred - kind of like 30 day shred on crack, it's 80 minutes if you do both levels back-to-back as she suggests, Yoga Meltdown, and Ripped in 30). BFBM is a good way to get in a mostly-cardio workout w/o having to hit the gym or a treadmill. There's an ab circuit in there, too. Anyway I tend to alternate between BFBM and ESAS and also do a little 30 Day Shredding with my DH when he wants me to workout with him. I've done NMTZ and Yoga Meltdown a couple of times but not as much, need to do them more b/c I need to improve on those movements. When DH and I finish his round of the Shred (we're on level 3 now), we are going to go through Ripped in 30 together. It is a progression of levels similar to the Shred but it's 4 levels instead of 3. A lot of people on here seem to like doing RI30 after 30DS. You could probably do 6w6p in addition to RI30 or even alternate days or something if you wanted to.
  • chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up 30DS on the Tuesday. I will switch over to Ripped in 30 for the rest of the week and then starting next Sunday, I am alternating C25K with RI3. I made the mistake of bumping from albs to 8 lbs weights the same time I leveled from 2-3. It sucked! But I've pushed through it and am now about to push to 10 lb weights for the last 2 days. Its definitely tough, but it does give lean gain. I've gained 1.5" in my shoulder line of lean mass and lost fat in both my chest and waste. I am looking forward to something different because I think my body has adapted to this workout and I need to mix it up.
  • lpekny
    lpekny Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started level 3 today and it was a killer!! I actually started liking level 2. After, I finish the shred I am doing Ripped in 30. I have not really lost much weight so far, but I feel better and I have lost around an inch off my waist so far.
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have just done day 3 of level 3. I think it was a little easier today. 1st two days felt like I was starting again! Particular hard parts for me are the sumo and rock star jumps, they KILL my thighs and the old school sit ups! Anyway once I'm finished 30DS I plan to do 6W6P and BFBM. I am also running. I am training for a half marathon and am up to 7.5 miles on my long runs so far.
    I have found my strength has improved so much with 30 DS, even though I am using fairly light weights for most of the moves. I haven't lost too much weight but I am not really needing to drop much so I am not too hung up on this. I have also felt a little 'tied' to doing the 30DS but am so glad I've stuck it out.