Embarassing treadmill problem

Options
I'd like to be able to run on the treadmill but I have an embarrassing problem. I guess my fat moves around and it's painful. Afterward it feels like someone has been slapping me on the tummy over and over.

Does anyone have advise on how to solve this problem?

Replies

• e11xoxo
    e11xoxo Posts: 86
    Options
    I'd like to be able to run on the treadmill but I have an embarrassing problem. I guess my fat moves around and it's painful. Afterward it feels like someone has been slapping me on the tummy over and over.

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    walk before you run

I lost alot of pounds just with brisk walking
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    Wear tight-fitting workout clothing, and a good sports bra. Maybe two layers of a cotton/spandex top would be helpful. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    .....good point, Dave. Walk before you run.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I wish I DID have advice for you... but I'm in the same boat... mine flaps too. I just wanted you to know that you're not alone! If it helps - I have found I'm much more comfortable if I wear a tight fitting (think spandex) tank top under my tee shirt... it helps hold things in place a little more.
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I assume that the area you are refering to is your stomach....Maybe some workout clothes that "hold" you in like spandex...I notice on biggest loser they all seem to wear spandex shorts like bike shorts...I never thought about it but I bet it helps to reduce the jiggle...:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

wear a body girdle..i used to wear a lower body one when my stomach was flopping around doing jumping jacks
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wear a spandex type tank bra under your regular workout top and some spandex type pants. Also, if your just starting out with the running, do some walking & running intervals and work yourself up to where you want to go.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    There are worse treadmill problems-- :wink:

funny-strange-people-1.gif
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    OMG marla.. thats hilarious!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

like broken limbs:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Wear tight-fitting workout clothing, and a good sports bra. Maybe two layers of a cotton/spandex top would be helpful. :flowerforyou:

ya ...pretend it is holloween and you are the mummy
  • cmriverside
    Options

Marla! You said you wouldn't post that video we took in private! :embarassed: :laugh:

That's hilarious.
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    I also lost a lot of pounds power walking. It's good for toning, too.
  • DonzGirl
    DonzGirl Posts: 42
    Options
    how did you lose your 59 pounds since Jan? I have lost 35 since Jan 9th and thought I was doing good....
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    OMG marla.. thats hilarious!

This is my favorite clip-- dork that I am-- I post it all the time-- :laugh:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

OMG I am laughing so hard I am crying and snorting at the same time :laugh:
  • mx_burke
    mx_burke Posts: 15
    Options
    I have definitely had this problem before, except it was with my boobs, they used to be in so much pain after jogging, even if i only did a few minutes. I tried to buy a good supportive sports bra and eventually simply by jogging over and over, my body got used to it. So as others have suggested, buy some good supportive clothing, like spandex stuff, or some nice yoga pants, i use those and they are great for jogging.....anything like that and dont worry, your body will get used to it with time :smile:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options

:laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad:
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    I actually wear jeans to run...because I have some extra junk in the trunk... and when it jiggles around, it starts to itch like mad. When I wear jeans, no more itching and I can't feel my bum/thighs flopping around...

So yeah, try some very supportive clothing!:flowerforyou: