Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love water!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I was never a water drinker, but when I began having problems with constipation, I had to drink a lot of water because I increased my fiber intake a lot. I now drink about 85 oz of warm water everyday. It sounds horrible, but warm water helps with digestion, and knowing that made it way easier. Now I couldn't drink cold water if I tried. I hate it.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Sort of.....I will only drink certain brands of bottled water...namely, dasani :P haha I'm very picky about my water.

To me, Dasani tastes like I'm drinking out of an old tin can :sick: Bleck, can't stand the stuff!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I was never a water drinker, but when I began having problems with constipation, I had to drink a lot of water because I increased my fiber intake a lot. I now drink about 85 oz of warm water everyday. It sounds horrible, but warm water helps with digestion, and knowing that made it way easier. Now I couldn't drink cold water if I tried. I hate it.

Do you mean you heat it, or drink it room temp? I drink it room temp, personally...but up here at the moment, that's about 60 degrees, so it's got a chill :laugh:
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options

I will tell you I can't drink half as much if I drink it out of a glass, but when I use a straw i find it very easy to slurp down lots of water!

I also can't stand the tap water here, so i bought a filter pitcher and that really helps!

I agree...I bought a water bottle with a straw in it that I take everywhere, and I've started drinking so much more water because of it. I also have a nice filter jug I keep in the fridge for cold clean water.
  • westcoaster09
    Options
    this is going to sound strange but... put lime slices and cucumber slices into your water. I worked for a catering company one and they use to do it for something different than lemon water (ew). Its very light and refreshing and makes water way better :)
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    I work in the water treatment industry and just as those that work in a restaurant don't want to eat at that restaurant, I don't like to drink water. It's terribly difficult for me to drink a lot of water. I try to get down a glass or two a day but even that is a chore.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I hate drinking water.
    Everytime I look at a glass of water I think, "why aren't you coffee? "
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I dont love water, but I dont hate it...
    I just dont like drinking anything- so I have a huge problem drinking water, let alone any liquids!!!
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    drinking water throughout the day is what helps keep me from compulsive snacking...if you drink a big(12-16 oz)glass of water when you're getting munchy, sometimes the urge will pass. I heard that some cravings are actually caused by dehydration. The only thing I hate about drinking so much water is having to pee ALL the time!!

THAT is my BIGGEST PROBLEM with drinking water..although it's all I drink beside the occasional cup of coffee on mornings and a cup of tea in the pm.... Some nights I get up three times to use he bathroom...darn!!!
  • cunokyle
    cunokyle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink water. I drink iced tea and Diet Dew.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I really am not a water person. Once I have been drinking it a while out of necessity it becomes easier to drink. But I do love sparkling water. tho diet drinks have that odd taste I managed to find one called Key lime sparkling water and its actually pretty good. :) also I like the hawaiian punch individual packets. they have like 5 or ten calories but again don'r have that odd after taste. I also make home made sweet tea but with splenda. Or hot tea with splenda and a little bit of creamer.

Good luck finding the right combination for you.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Nope, water is the essence of life (literally). I love the stuff and I am sorry to hear you have such a hard time with it.
  • cunokyle
    cunokyle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The main ingredient of Diet Soda or Iced Tea is....water! :-)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

not like water? I guess it depends on where you live, some people love/hate their tap water, love mines. and bottled is good too, minus the environmental factors someone's bound to point out, lol
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    To the water-haters... if it helps you feel better, water's been my favorite drink for 20 years :D =P ;):3
  • DMW87
    DMW87 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am with you, it takes a lot for me to drink it, I am coffee and Dt Coke drinker- when I got pregnant though, I gave up caffeine. So to help drink more water I did soda water, for some reason the bubbles in it made it less like water and more like soda for me, and better when I added fresh fruit it was a little extra.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine hating water... it's such a NEED for me. Something that nothing else can satisfy.
  • ErinNichole76
    ErinNichole76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of water either. I drink it like crazy, but its not my favorite by a long shot.
    Growing up it was either sugar free kool aid or milk because we had well water that just tasted muddy to me even after we got a filtration system. Seriously I think my intestines are permanently stained purple from all the grape kool aid I drank. Now drinking a flavor packet in my water is no big deal. I just have to remind myself to stop after one. Monday through Friday it is super easy for me to get my water. I start my day with one packet (the type that are meant for 16-20 oz bottle) in about 32 oz of water which is generally gone about lunch time. With lunch and for the rest of the day its plain water.
    Saturdays and Sundays when I'm home, out n about, etc the Last thing I want to drink is water. I want that wild cherry pepsi sitting in the back of the fridge, the sweet tea with a splash or three of raspberry flavor, sprite, pretty much anything except water. I try to stick to starting my day with a large container of flavored water and plain water the rest of the day but its just not as easy.
    I know the water is good for me. Because Mon - Fri I don't feel like I need a nap to make it to dinnertime. But Satur & Sunday if I don't get a nap I'm out for the night by 7pm.
    Like a few of the other people suggested when I started trying to up my water intake I found drinking with a straw helped for some reason. Because I am who I am I found a crazy loopy straw was more helpful than a straight straw.

I wish you luck.