sad, ashamed and mortified

Options
2»

Replies

• yelleroseuk
    Options
    hi i am ..yella
    i was mortified to find out my true weight saturday, i have 2 grown up boys and i am so proud of them, i feel like they cannot be proud of me like i look and i hate myself at the moment so much i cry, but hey no-one put the food in my mouth did they
    so here we are myfitnesspal . I joined on thursday so only been 3 days, finding out lots about the food calories i have been eating and am shocked.
    here is to a new me in 2012
    good luck to you , i would like a buddy As well X
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    welcome! you've taken the right step and picked the right place. :)
  • cntrygrl360
    Options
    none of us would be here if we felt we were perfect. we are all here for the same reason. one day at a time......
  • Scorpiotwinkle
    Options
    If you want it you will do it I am sure! Count the days (yes DAYS) until your wedding day. Print off one sheet per day that counts the days down "55 days to go" etc.etc. and rip one off each morning I have done this and the days are really zooming by. It really helps me to focus, which I have never been able to do before - and there have been a lot of "befores"! Go for it, you are in the right place x
  • myfourcats
    myfourcats Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Yella!!

I would love to be friends with you!! I just started december 2011. only lost 10 pounds so far but that is ok.!!! I am not computer savy so If you could friend me my name is Debby and I am under my four cats!!!
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You have that positive attitude that will take you a long way! You have total control now! We'll all help you! Good luck with your weight loss and fitness goals! You're gonna be a knock out at your wedding!
  • Cris725
    Cris725 Posts: 81
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I had the realization on jan 1st. And since then, I've lost 11 pounds. You can do it! Baby steps. My first baby step was NO MORE SODA. I replaced it with water and lost 8 pounds in the first 12 days. I was shocked. Plus, the water made me eat less because I wasnt hungry all the time.

Lets be real. You're gonna have a few tough days, but you can do it. Dont be ashamed here. We're all in the same boat.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I will let you decide if you want me as a friend or not

Hi, I'm Barbra (my friends call me Barbi)

I believe in eating all or most of your calories burnt by exercise to keep your weight loss steady and fuel your body for the exercise you are doing.

I believe you have to eat the calories MFP tells you too which is on your diary as "my goal"

I believe your "net" should never go under 1200

I will not tell you your doing a good job on your diary if you're under your "net" calories

I will also not comment if your diary is not public

I WILL be a great support if you are eating right, exercising, and doing it RIGHT without going hungry.

because it works

Welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • may18052007
    Options
    You have all the help, inspiration and keep-on-going mindset for you to change. This website is here to help you to change as and when you want. The tables are of great help. I have only been here for three weeks BUT the one change that helped me is to pick the date a week before you will begin, then to start to change your ways. :noway:

I placed all that I ate in the food section and so for the exercise. I can see anytime and this is a great way to keep me on track when I feel a bit 'down', and then I changed my diet and exercise routine. You'll be amazed at what you can do.!!!!

There are friends that are here to help you and keep your spirits up.

"Just take the plunge and enjoy the swim" :happy:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You will find that there are many helpful, supportive people on here :flowerforyou:
  • myfourcats
    myfourcats Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    to charlee-a

Hi!! This is my four cats again. I am not too computer savy, please friend me!!
  • kelnort
    kelnort Posts: 17
    Options
    i can say that i have been there. and i am still there. but i have to remember that i am doing this for me and no one else. you can do it! one day at a time and just start moving. coming here is a positive thing you can do. i wish you the best of luck.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on making the choice to take your life in your own hands!! Making that choice is the biggest obstacle to over come... and you're in the right place! I have definitely been in your shoes and I know you can do this! SO glad you're here!!