Weight Watchers

Options
Anyone else on here doing Weight Watchers? If so, how long have you been doing it and what has your success been?

Replies

• jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Anyone else on here doing Weight Watchers? If so, how long have you been doing it and what has your success been?
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,757 Member
    Options
    I have done it in the past. Personally, I find it cumbersome to calculate points. I find this website and counting good old fashioned calories easiest. That's basically what WW does, convert calories into points, it just takes more work to do it.

I think you can have success in whatever you chose to do, if you stick to it and make lifestyle changes.
  • momnmore
    momnmore Posts: 20
    Options
    Right now WW has a free week trial of their WW online. I tried that and this one at the same time. I found their website to be cumbersome and very slow. I was complaining about it to my husband who said "Why don't you try the website I've been using" which turned out to be MFP. I find calculating plain old calories is much easier than converting everything to points. Calories I can do in my head, points are impossible for me to keep track of. I know some people who have had awesome success with weight watchers and I'm not knocking that at all. I just found that their website wasn't easy to use so I canceled my membership before my free week ran out.
  • PamKay
    PamKay Posts: 19
    Options
    I so agree with leckel,
    "". I think you can have success in whatever you chose to do, if you stick to it and make lifestyle changes."""
    I tried weight watchers years ago and it worked great. The great thing about it is that it is a learning process and once you learn it you will never forget it, I think it's a great program.
  • karlira
    karlira Posts: 100
    Options
    Five years ago I lost 33 lbs thanks to WW. Personally I dont find it diffcult to calculate points, after all, if you attend meeting you get a manual point calculator.. also I found one for the computer, and also the formula, which I carried in my cell phone, so knowing calories, fat and fiber I could know how many points something was. Even know, I still think of some food in terms of points instead of calories (I'm knew here in MFP, so I'm learning :glasses: )
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Five years ago I lost 33 lbs thanks to WW. Personally I dont find it diffcult to calculate points, after all, if you attend meeting you get a manual point calculator.. also I found one for the computer, and also the formula, which I carried in my cell phone, so knowing calories, fat and fiber I could know how many points something was. Even know, I still think of some food in terms of points instead of calories (I'm knew here in MFP, so I'm learning :glasses: )

I had success with weight watchers as well but I never used it online. I like MFP better but I definitely do think of food in points still. Having the calculator makes it way easier when calculating the points!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 50 lbs with WW. IT totally is a good system for some. I needed a change though, and I have switched to counting calories . Jillian told me that was what I needed to do, and she was right!
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I think when I was a kid, my mom took me to Weight Watchers. I think she was just trying it though... it costs a lot... now she goes to TOPS. I'm too tired to remember what that stands for although I should know even then, since I went there too when I was a kid.

I hear Weight Watchers is expensive.
  • bonniebgood
    bonniebgood Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I lost a little over 60 pounds on WW 5 years ago, but like all things when I got cocky and thought I could do it on my own I gained all but 15 pounds back. I now go to TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and in combination with this website have now lost 28 pounds from what I had gained back. I need as much motivation as possible, and also having to weigh in weekly. TOPS doesn't cost near what WW does, but I agree, it's a very good program.
  • bonniebgood
    bonniebgood Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I lost a little over 60 pounds on WW 5 years ago, but like all things when I got cocky and thought I could do it on my own I gained all but 15 pounds back. I now go to TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and in combination with this website have now lost 28 pounds from what I had gained back. I need as much motivation as possible, and also having to weigh in weekly. TOPS doesn't cost near what WW does, but I agree, it's a very good program.
  • susanbk53
    susanbk53 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'd avoided WW for years, because I just didn't want to have to fool with going to meetings. I found out from a friend about WW online, and started it in Jan. of 2008. I'd ended up in the hospital on Christmas Day, 2007, with my heart working at 20% of capacity, due to a virus. None of the Docs said anything about my weight, but I knew that this was the best incentive to get it off! I was the highest weight I'd ever been, and really wanted to LOSE!
    I'm now down 54 pounds from New Years Day, 2008, and I'm loving it!
    I don't have a problem with doing points; it helps keep me honest. It has also helped me change bad eating habits, since I want to keep my points target.
    It's not inexpensive, but now that I'm really serious about losing, I consider it a good investment in my future health.