How low is your BP?

Options
My BP keeps getting lower, I don't expect it to go much lower but who knows. Anyone else experiencing this?

IMG-20120129-00400.jpg

Replies

• Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    mine is low... but not that low, I would have it checked out because my dr said that mine is actually a bit too low and told me to be very careful so I don't pass out.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    That's pretty low. Have you seen a doctor?
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I track mine daily for months my average is 117.3/72.7, I never seen mine as low as yours.....
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    That reading is almost exactly what my BP usually is: 90-85/50-45. My pulse is usually around 60 as well (70 tops). However, whenever I exercise, it tends to get it at a higher, more normal rate. (105/60) Low blood pressure is only good to a point, and when I exercise regularly, it's to keep it higher, not lower. Some doctors however do not believe that blood pressure that low is a bad thing. (I disagree.) Has it been continually lowering?

** I should mention that I have been going to the same doctor since I was 6 yrs old, and they have never discussed this as an issue. Perhaps because they can see that it is my own norm, but if it's not normal for you (which sounds like it), then yes, find a doctor who will take it seriously.
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    Are you on BP meds?
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure has been as low as 76/38. No, I do not take blood pressure medications. This is normal for me. If you have no symptoms of hypotension - dizziness, especially when standing, is the main one - then there is no problem with it being low. It is nothing to worry about, but may indicate that you are a bit dehydrated or your heart is getting healthier.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    That is rather worryingly low. The lowest mine has been is 50/30, but I was crashing post caesarean at the time!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure has been as low as 76/38. If you have no symptoms of hypotension - dizziness, especially when standing, is the main one - then there is no problem with it being low. It is nothing to worry about, but may indicate that you are a bit dehydrated or your heart is getting healthier.

Exactly. That's why most doctors don't think it's a problem: low blood pressure is seen in the medical world as an indication of a healthy heart. Nonetheless, use your own judgment about your body.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I had been on meds for my BP, but since I began exercising hard (minimum 1000 cals per day) with weight loss now 22lb, I have been getting dizzy spells, and started missing out my meds some days. Last Thursday my BP was 80/56 pulse 60 Without any meds. At present I am taking 50% of my prescribed meds every other day, and average for the past week is 117/74. I will wait till I hit my target weight then maybe see the Doc for advice. I have passed out twice whilst out running alone, so I need to have my meds looked at, or hopefully ditch them altogether soon...
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Are you on BP meds?

No BP meds. It gets low after exercise. I have no symptoms.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Mine was high, then came down to optimal after losing the first 50 lbs
    115/75 -- :drinker:
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Mine is 107/75 :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My average has always been 112/72. I think one particularly calm day during pregnancy it was 100/60.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Mine has always been right under the 120/80 figure that is considered 'prehypertension' level.

High blood pressure runs in my family, but I've been fortunate. I expect when I go in for my next checkup it will be even lower since I've lost a few pounds and exercise regularly.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    107 / 62 68bpm
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Good question about BP meds, I am on enalipril, and after about losing about 25 pounds, my BP dropped so low that my doc cut my prescr. in half...looking forward to dropping it altogether this next summer, but both my folks have hypertension...we'll see!
  • mrFerris
    mrFerris Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are using one of those electronic BP machine which are renowned for being unreliable. You average BP is probably a little higher than this and should be. Go to your doc and ask for it to be checked with the medical sphygmometer. That way you will know for sure.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Mine is 90/40 but I am also on beta blockers that drop it very low. It was 110/60 before. I've always had naturally low blood pressure.

Talk to your doctor if you feel like you are going to pass out or feel lightheaded.
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are using one of those electronic BP machine which are renowned for being unreliable. You average BP is probably a little higher than this and should be. Go to your doc and ask for it to be checked with the medical sphygmometer. That way you will know for sure.

I've checked this machine against the doctor and the automatic machines in the drug store. They all track fairly close.
  • mrFerris
    mrFerris Posts: 122 Member
    Options

I've checked this machine against the doctor and the automatic machines in the drug store. They all track fairly close.

Then I would visit doc just to make sure. It is a little low!