Your Food Diary

Options
When you do your food diary do you log down what you eat when you eat it? or plan your whole day and then eat it.. I plan my all my meals.. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and anything I will drink or snack on.. when I have ate what I logged for the day I am done eating..

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals at the start of the day so I can see how many snacks I have to get in. At the end of the day, I make any changes based on how the day has gone (for example, if I traded one snack for another, picked a different type of veg for my evening meal or changed a meal completely). Logging in the morning just helps me keep aware of how many calories I have and need to use, and when.
  • bellstalker
    bellstalker Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I log after I've eaten. I am not organized enough to 'plan' my whole day of meals. After I track I see how much room I have left and if I want to eat more...I exercise first...then enjoy.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I log after every single meal
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I log after every meal. I can't plan things out because I am completely unsure of how I will feel at each meal. For the most part I know what I can and cannot eat and I know the days I exercise heavily (like yesterday) I don't have to worry about eating when and if I"m hungry.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I log right after each meal. Sometimes I miss a meal and I usually try to go back and log, but I'm not always successful. I'd say I'm 90% successful during the week, 75% on the weekend.

I plan most things ahead, but I need to feel like I have some "wiggle room", like if I really want an extra snack after work, I could eat one without going over. So I always plan for that.