Ladies - if you started over 250....

Options
13»

Replies

• CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I started at 278 and hadn't really noticed much of anything until I hot the 250's. Clothing wise, I didn't notice much at all, considering some of my jeans were already falling off of me before I started the journey (started 1/27/2011). .. I've always been between clothing sizes and it sucks. In any case, my size 20 pants were looser, and my size 18's were no longer kind of tight on the hips and waist area. They really slacked off some when I hit into the 240's though.
  • Moeincognito
    Options
    I started out near enough 250 and i'm down to 215 or so now and it's only now that i'm noticing a difference~ A pair of shorts I bought a good few months ago are finally fitting me, compared to when I first bought them (they wouldn't go past my thighs). Family said they noticed it when I lost a stone, but it apparently came off my face, neck and waist quickly. (i'm personally not noticing a difference in my thighs and belly), I'm a uk 18 atm.
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It takes...
    4 weeks for YOU to notice.
    8 Weeks for FRIENDS to notice.
    12 weeks for STRANGERS to notice.

GIVE IT 12 WEEKS! Don't give up. :)

YES!! Totally!!!
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I read somewhere that it's roughly 10% loss before anyone will comment on the loss. That's probably about right according to most of the prior posts.

I'm so looking forward to being able to see and feel a difference in my body and my health. I've barely started with a 4 lb loss. I've got a long way to go, but it would be nice to see some small pay offs in the mean time!

Best of luck to all of you!
  • ladyjeanne57
    ladyjeanne57 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My update...I have lost 16.5 lbs and a couple of people have noticed. But, I am just starting to change clothing sizes. From 24 pants to 22's.

Isn't it freeing to be able to tell your weight and clothing size without SHAME? I love MFP!!!
  • warm33
    warm33 Posts: 15
    Options
    Everyone loses weight in different areas first. This determines how others notice your weight loss. Your clothes are fitting loser and you are doing an awesome job of losing the weight. Don't get discouraged! The more you lose, the more they will notice and more importantly, the better you will feel :) I started losing weight and no one noticed I lost weight until I was about 30lbs or so down. Just depends on where we lose the inches. Great progress so far! Keep up the great work!!!
  • warm33
    warm33 Posts: 15
    Options
    Keep up the great work! It will come in time! Stay motivated :)