Gym Withdrawl!!

Options
nikii14
nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
OMG...I just told my husband that I will be taking today off from going to the gym......WHAT????
Its only 8am and I'm stressing about it. I honestly think I have an addiction to the gym. There is no way I can go through a whole day without doing some sort of exercise.

"Hi Everyone, My name is Nikii and I have an addiction to the gym." That doesn't sound normal...lol:ohwell:

Replies

• nikii14
    Options
    OMG...I just told my husband that I will be taking today off from going to the gym......WHAT????
    Its only 8am and I'm stressing about it. I honestly think I have an addiction to the gym. There is no way I can go through a whole day without doing some sort of exercise.

"Hi Everyone, My name is Nikii and I have an addiction to the gym." That doesn't sound normal...lol:ohwell:
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    It's a fact, that exercise increases the endorphins, the feel good hormones, in your brain, so yes, you can get addicted, but as far as addictions go, it's hard to find a better one!!! Best to you always,
    Rick
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Welcome to the club! I was (and still am, in a way) addicted to the gym. Several months ago there would be no way I would skip a day, but then I realized that my body needs rest. So now I take my Sundays off. I work my a** off during the week and by Friday- I am really looking forward to that Sunday off. Usually that is also the day when I will have something I usually don't eat during the week. I might have some crackers or chips with my cheese and a glass of wine or some ice-cream. Your body needs a day (at least) to recuperate:wink: Try not feeling bad or stressed out. You are doing your body a favor by giving it a little break.
  • SuperHeroRipped
    Options
    I workout at home with p90x to statisfy my excersise addiction
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i know what you mean i haven't been going to the gym but i have been walking, i even made my husband walk me this past week one night at like 9 p.m it was dark and cold, but i had to get my miles in,, he thought i was just a little:laugh: bit ridiculous! .. i thought i was committed/
  • nikii14
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i know what you mean i haven't been going to the gym but i have been walking, i even made my husband walk me this past week one night at like 9 p.m it was dark and cold, but i had to get my miles in,, he thought i was just a little:laugh: bit ridiculous! .. i thought i was committed/

Oh, my husband thinks I am completely out of control!!:tongue:
    But I already knew that
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya! I can't get enough it seems. One is supposed to be my one day off a week I can't not do SOMETHING. I usually work out at home and go to the once or twice a week but I HAVE to do one or the other all week. People think I am insane but hey at least my body is getting healthy :smile:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you. The only way I don't feel too guilty about is if we're out of town. Otherwise I like to go (or hop on our tread at home) and run or walk a few miles. At least I feel like I did something. Plus, walking is pretty low impact. It kinda feels like a rest day. Now that we've started P90x, I get a rest day (stretch day) because of how the program is set up.

Enjoy your day off. If you really need to do something go for a walk (or go to the gym and walk on the treadmill or do an easy bike ride). I find I sleep better when I've done some form of exercise.
  • nikii14
    Options
    We just booked a trip to Chicago.....my first question.....

Is there a gym at the Hotel???:noway: