Elliptical users

Options
I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. When I use my elliptical my toes start to tingle and my feet hurt and go numb. I do not know if it is my posture of if this happens to anyone else? Could it be my posture ? Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong.

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. When I use my elliptical my toes start to tingle and my feet hurt and go numb. I do not know if it is my posture of if this happens to anyone else? Could it be my posture ? Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong.
  • salp02
    salp02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I also get the tingling and numbness in my toes after about 20 minutes on the elliptical.
    My sister told me she does too.
    I think its just normal, since your toes are at the very fron of the petals.
    I tried to pull my feet back away from the front. Although, it did help, but it didn't stop the tingling from coming... :tongue:
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the elliptical for about 2 months, and I have found I can go much longer now without them going numb, but they still do after about 45-50 minutes. It seems to be something that your feet/legs get more accepting of the more frequently you do it.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I've had it happen too and I have really high arches. Someone told me my shoes didn't support my arches correctly and I was losing circulation...?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have your feet all the way forward in the pedal/platform thingees, and make sure your weight is upright (not leaning way forward).

My toes still go a bit numb, but they take a lot longer to do so. I've also taken to breaking up the elliptical with weight training sets in between, for more calorie burn and less numb toes.:flowerforyou:
  • uncommonthread
    Options
    Yes, I have had the same thing happen. Try putting more weight on your heels like when you walk heel to toe.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    I also get the tingley numb feeling in my feet, but it does the same thing on the bike.. but I can do the elliptical for about 50 minutes before it starts going tingley when I am on the bike it starts at 20 minutes.. I asked my dr about mine and he is sending me to have a nerve test due to I have lower back pain for years.. and that could be a cause.. so if I were you I would ask your dr.. just in case ..

Good luck

Sheila
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The trainer at my gym told me it was very common, and happens to everyone. She suggested taking a small stretch break every 15 minutes, so that you can hop off, stretch your legs and feet for a minute or two, and then hop back on. Not so effective maintaining a certain heart rate, but you really don't want to be exercising on feet you can't feel.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    its normal because your feet aren't moving everything else on your body is moving and your weight is on your feet- I guess you can say they kind of go to sleep just like when you ride the bikes your butt goes numb or some eve experience the foot tingle on the bike your normal-
    If you don't like the feeling try moving your feet to different positions during your workout