Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes

Options
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had any healthy slow cooker recipes they'd be happy to share?

We got a slow cooker for Christmas and so far I've mastered healthy soup but now looking for some inspiration!!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• StargazerHuck
    StargazerHuck Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use the Fix It and Forget it Lightly cookbook. Lots of tasty light crock pot recipes in there! Also check out Sparkpeople.com
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had any healthy slow cooker recipes they'd be happy to share?

We got a slow cooker for Christmas and so far I've mastered healthy soup but now looking for some inspiration!!

Can you share your soup recipes with me? So far everything I have made in that thing tastes like airline food :sad:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    do you know how to "google"? i just googled "low calorie crock pot recipes easy' and got several links to recipe sites which included weight watchers crock pot recipes

btw: thanks, i hadn't thought of using the crock pot. i was trying to get recipes that could be frozen for future dinners and most crock pot recipes qualify.. thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have some recipes on here posted for the crockpot. You can access them by going to my blog. It's the last entry blog and I update it daily. I try to put crockpot in the name if it is for the crockpot. You just need to click on the link to see the recipe and nutrition info.
  • ice99706
    ice99706 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've got the Betty Crocker 300 calorie cook book. There is a recipe for Asian Chicken and Noodles.

2 pkg Ramen Noodles
    1 1/4 lb Chicken skinless thighs (1" pieces)
    2 cups baby carrots
    1 med Bell Pepper, coarsely chopped
    1 tsp finely chopped gingerroot
    2 1/2 cups water
    2 Tbsp Teriyaki Baste & Glaze
    8 oz sugar snap peas(about 2 cups)

1. Spray 3-4qt slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix contents of seaoning packets from noodles, chicken, carrots, bell pepper, gingerroot, water, and Teriyaki in slow cooker.
    2. Cover & cook on low for 7-8 hrs.
    3. Add peas. Break noodles; add to chicken mixture. Increase setting to high. Cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until peas are crisp-tender and noodles are tender.

Serves 6 and is 290 calories per serving.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Skinny Ms just came out with a crockpot book,
  • ice99706
    ice99706 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Beef and Potatoes with Rosemary

1 lb medium red potatoes, quartered
    1 cup baby carrots
    1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 lb)
    3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
    2 Tbsp chopped fresh or
    1 1/2 Tbsp dried rosemary
    1 tsp chopped fresh or
    1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 c)
    1 1/2 c beef broth

Spray 5-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. arrange potatoes and carrots around outer edge of cooker.

Trim excess fat from beef, Mix mustard, roesmary, thyme, salt & pepper. spread evenly over beef. Place in slow cooker (it will overlap vegetables slightly). Sprinkle onion over beef. Pour broth evenly over beef and vegetables.

Cover; cook on low heat setting 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.

Remove beef and vegetables from slow cooker and slotted spoon. Slice beef. To serve spoon beef juices from slow cooker over meat and vegetables.

Serves 8. 290 calories per serving.
  • Richellebeatle
    Richellebeatle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am actually cooking in my crock pot today! :) We are having Chicken Taco Chili. I got the recipe from skinnytaste.com .They have other crock pot recipes there too! :) I hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • kittyraccoon7
    kittyraccoon7 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm checking this site out right now as we speak (or, as I type :laugh: ) http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/crock-pot-recipes.html

Skinnytaste is SUCH a GREAT website, but she has a section devoted to healthy crockpot recipes... nutrition info included!! :drinker:
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Anything you can make in a pan - curry, chilli, spaghetti bolognese etc, it's just easier chuck everything in and leave it on all day. There's loads of recipes on here in recipe section too :)
    Pulled pork is amazing, put in pork shoulder joint with water to cover, onion and BBQ sauce / marinade. Leave on low all day. Shred the pork, pour away excess water, add more sauce, put pork back in and leave on another few hours. I have it in wraps with coleslaw and corn on the cob it's hard to not just eat the whole lot though it's so good :)
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options
    Thanks to those that commented with suggestions - I really appreciate it!! :) I'm new to slow cooking so these are all great, thanks!
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options
    do you know how to "google"? i just googled "low calorie crock pot recipes easy' and got several links to recipe sites which included weight watchers crock pot recipes

Hi, I did "Google" it, but I was looking for ones that people were happy to recommend. The recipes on Google are fine, but there's nothing like having someone personally recommend a particular recipe to you, and also a lot of the recipes on there didn't have calorie information either which was why I posted here. I really appreciate everyone's recipe suggestions though!!
  • Alice_H
    Alice_H Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've cooked this in the crock pot a bunch of times - remove the skin from the chicken (not for nutrition - chicken skin that's been in the crock pot is just gross), toss all the ingredients (except for the oil - you don't need the oil since you're not frying the chicken) into the crock pot, let it cook all day.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/braised-chicken-thighs-and-legs-with-tomato-recipe/index.html

I was making this on Halloween and the kids coming to the door were all exclaiming how good my food smelled, LOL!
  • Richellebeatle
    Richellebeatle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am actually cooking in my crock pot today! :) We are having Chicken Taco Chili. I got the recipe from skinnytaste.com .They have other crock pot recipes there too! :) I hope this helps. :flowerforyou:

Thought I should update and say the chili is fantastic!! And my skinny boyfriend who does not need to watch his weight likes it! Yum!:love:
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options

Thought I should update and say the chili is fantastic!! And my skinny boyfriend who does not need to watch his weight likes it! Yum!:love:

I saw this on the website just now and thought it looked tasty!! I'll pick up the ingredients tomorrow and will give it a go this week. Thanks :) x
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    My Fav Crock pot meal came about by a mistake, I had burned a really expensive cut of steak, I mean it was pretty chard, then when I started to fret thinking about how to my hubby burning a steak is like a the worst thing in the WHOLE WORLD, I had a light bulb moment, this is what I did

I cut up the steak into chunks, threw it in the crock pot, and then I added a bunch of frozen peas, and cut up potato's threw them in, filled it up with water, then I pored some Johnny Salt and some other steak type peppers, A pretty good amount, and just let the crock pot do its thing, on high heat for a couple hours,

it was sooo extremely good, my hubby LOVED it, the steak turned very tender in the boiling water and its charbroiled added to the flavor tremendously

10039000.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • castle88
    Options
    I'm cooking one today which is really easy and very tasty! Its just whole chicken legs, sprinkled with rosemary and covered in chicken stock and left on low until I get back home from work. Then I take the chicken legs out, shred the meat off and add back to the broth (can be topped up with water if there isn't much) with some spring onions and leeks, turn it up to high 20mis before eating and season! You can have as it is (326cal) or you can add noodles and have it with bread if you need to make up extra calories. Its a very nice smell to come home to on a cold evening!
  • RonnieStelly
    Options
    Easy Chili :
    Mexine Chili Mix 2 bags
    1 can of tomato paste
    1/2 a quart of beef broth
    1 2 pound pack of lean ground beef
    2 cans of rotel chili fixin's
    1 large jar of pace picante medium
    put it all in let cook for 10 hours