Is this achievable?

I get married in 16 weeks... Would like to be 28 lbs lighter - is this doable? Xxx

Replies

• Yeah i would say it should be do able. but you will have to work for it try something like a 1200 calorie per day goal training 3 - 7 times a week ( 60 - 90 min ) loads of cardio ! Good luck with the weight loss and the wedding
  • yeah and it would be easier if you weigh like 300 pounds ( duhh ) prob a little harder when your 180 --> i lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks tho started as 197 current weight is like 185 that going for my third week now
  • moniqueb39
    moniqueb39 Posts: 30 Member
    Yes is achieveable. I would do what the other poster said and add viatmins, Chronium and B12. Also drink alot of green tea.
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    It's definitely doable! I've lost 18lbs since Jan 2, 2012! That's just 4 weeks. you can definitely do it in 16 wks! (plus the 10 extra lbs)
  • amiles21693
    amiles21693 Posts: 104 Member
    You can do it!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Definitely doable. Make sure to drink lots of water.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    It can be acehived, but don't be disappointed if you don't reach the goal. I don't want to be a debbie downer but sometimes losing more than a pound per week can be difficult, especially for us women. However, if you eat right, stay focused, and work hard you can do anything you set your mind to!

Congrats on your marriage. I am sure you'll be a beautiful bride.
  • 4 months is very achievable
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    I get married in 16 weeks... Would like to be 28 lbs lighter - is this doable? Xxx
    Yes, but not recommended. 1 pound is best, but go for it if that's really what you want.
    You might be setting yourself up for some major weight gain post wedding.
    This is the problem with fast weight loss.
    Just be ready for creeping weight gain after your wedding, and address it at that time by trying to eat to maintenance for a few months. After that, set new, higher goals that will continue to challenge you - not necessarily weight loss but other things.

That's all up to you!

Good Luck!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    From your prof pic it looks like you are not that big to start with so I think you'll have one heck of a time losing that much in 16 weeks. Still doable though. I lost 3 pounds a week for over 10 weeks. 80 ldbs over weight when I started that. After I got closer to a normal weight I could not take it off that fast. Good luck.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    It's an aggressive goal that will take alot of determination and willpower on your part. By no means do you want to "starve" yourself. With careful nutritional intake and some time in the gym, you'll get most if not all of the way there.
  • drczr
    drczr Posts: 18 Member
    28 lbs in 16 weeks is 1.75 lbs of weight loss per week. This should be doable but may be harmful for your long term weight loss efforts. You see, when you lose weight too fast, you risk losing muscle and this is not a good thing. The amount of muscle you have will determine your metabolic rate. Therefore, if you lose muscle, then you risk your metabolism slowing down after your wedding which can cause you to gain weight.

In addition, I believe that when people embark in a weight loss journey, the best way to do it is to change one's lifestyle. This is done by training yourself to eat like the thin and healthy person that you want to be. Which means your calorie goal for weight loss must not be too far from your maintenance calories once you achieve your weight. You see, if you achieve your weight loss through drastic measures, i.e. starving yourself, then you will not have taught yourself how to eat at your goal weight. This is why weight loss is best done in a gradual way.

However, having said that, I do undertand the time pressure. I also undertand that it is every woman's dream to look great on her wedding dress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!