How do you drink yours?

Options
Green Tea. OK whats the best way to drink Green Tea/ how do you drink yours? Milk/ no milk? Honey/sugar/none? Plus how many cups a day is best to drink?
I really want to get drinking this more regular and it wasn't too bad with some sweetner in but without is pretty YACK however I dont really want to start stacking sugar on top of my diet?

Replies

• dnewton123
    Options
    I drink it hot with one sweetener pack which totals zero calories no milk.
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I like mine iced. Then add 1/2 cup natural lemonade and 1-2 packets of splenda. It's kinda like a green tea lemonade from Starbucks and only 55 calories.
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    I drink mine with skim milk, but I am not a huge sugar in my tea/coffe kind of girl. Maybe you could use those Splenda sweetners that have B vitamins/fiber in them???
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    3-4 cups a day, often add a flavored tea bag of some kind with the green tea, mainly because I have a shelf full of tea.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Green tea inhibits the absorption of FOLIC ACID.
    So, if you drink it every day, be sure to get a supplement of folic acid.
    This is especially important for all PREGNANT women out there and the ones that are trying to conceive.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I add a tiny bit of agave. I didn't know some people added milk to theirs...sounds kinda, er, interesting!
  • amber10101
    amber10101 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The trick to green tea is in the water temperature. I never liked it until I realized that boiling water is what causes the tea to turn bitter.

Do a bit of looking on line for info about brewing green tea to find out the temp range and steeping time that works best.

You can boIl the water and let it sit to cool before adding the tea or you can find a bunch of fancy ways to get the right temp - a thermometer or a tea kettle that automatically gets the water to the right temp work very well.

I got a very fancy electric kettle for christmas that gets water to the perfect temp for different types of tea or coffee made in a French press. It's so great, I just love green tea now!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    no milk, no sugar, just green tea and lemon juice. I hear it's healthiest that way, too.
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    I have blurberry green tea. nothing it in, but nice a hot.
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I do green tea extract in 8 oz of water 90% of the time. Other times I'll add it to whatever else...
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Green tea shouldn't have anything added to it. I can imagine adding milk or sugar to green tea would be disgusting!!