What Vitamins and Supplements are we taking?

Options
2»

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I have some protein powder but it's more of a food to me than a supplement. I have a shake for breakfast some days or a snack at the end of the day if I need more protein. I take Vitamin D everyday (live in a rainy, cloudy area). I need to get back to taking my Arthritis supplements (Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM), I really can tell a difference when I take those. Also there is a full daily allowance of Vitamin B6 in the Melatonin I take at night to help me sleep.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    multivitamin
    calcium with vitamin d

:)
  • Jamie_82
    Options
    I take a generic multi-vitamin, B-12, omega 3-6-9 and cinnamon. The cinnamon is because I'm pre-diabetic and it helps control blood sugar.
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    chewable vitamin, calcium plus vitamin d, biotin, vitamin c, BCAA's, fish oil
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    fish oil
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin. Currently GNC Ultra Mega Energy & Metabolism. B12 (I"m deficient). BComplex. Fish Oil. Calcium. BCAAs on weight lifting days.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Fish Oil is probably highest on my list. I also take Vit D (lots), a liquid multi every few days, raw apple cider vinegar, green tea, and a mushroom blend vcap.

ETA: Fish oil seems to be a panacea supplement. So does ACV. And I take Vit D, green tea & the mushroom blend (and fruits & vegs in general) because I hope they are a good combination cancer prevention... my grandmother died of lymphoma and it sits heavy on my mind).
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    lots of people taking fish oil.....i had a coupon for some last week, but passed on it....what does it supposedly do?
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, fish oil, and whey protein for post workout recovery.

I already take the protein and plan on getting the multivits, but what are the benefits of fish oil ( I presume that cod liver oil capsules are the same thing) and do you notice a difference when you take them.

Thanks

fish oil is good for soo many things...ur immune system, skin, hair, weigh loss, heart...the list goes on. I also take a multi vitamins without iron (doc recommended this because I have a fatty liver) I also take a whey protein shake in the am.
    fish oil is a blood pressure lowerer :) i only know cause my dad often takes them to keep his under control without having to go onto statens
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I do carlson's cod liver oil (lemon flavor) with herbs and vinegar on my salad.

I also take a multivitamin by Melaleuca. I have a hard time finding multivitamins, and usually after a couple months my body can't tolerate them. But I've been taking Melaleuca for over a year now. Another one I bought when I lived in Oklahoma was by a home-made company called Starr-Walker.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    lots of people taking fish oil.....i had a coupon for some last week, but passed on it....what does it supposedly do?

What doesn't it do?? LOL I first started taking it mainly for mood regulation. In addition to mental health benefits, it does a ton of other things to: it's associated with reduced breast cancer risk (and other cancers) and fish oil is recommended by the AHA (good for high blood pressure, high triglycerides, and other cardiovascular health). And tons more. There's almost no system that doesn't benefit from it.

Some of the benefits have been demonstrated in studies. Other benefits are possible, but not shown clearly enough in studies (or not studied enough yet) to say for sure. And I'm sure some of the claims have been disproven, as well, although I can't think of any off the top of my head.
  • maximus9876
    Options
    I take vitamin d3 2000IU bsn true mass nature bounty iron 28mg
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    One A Day Vitamin - Men's Multivitamin, 1 tablet
    Spring Valley All Natural Omega -3 - Fish Oil Soft Gels 1000 Mg, 2 tablets
    Nature Made - Calcium 500mg (With Vitamin D), 1 tablet
    Finest Natural - B-100 Complex Vitamin, 1 vitamin
  • dwilliam116
    dwilliam116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Black Blood of the Earth. I can exercise for HOURS on the stuff.......
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    Black Blood of the Earth. I can exercise for HOURS on the stuff.......

Whats is this?
  • kittybitz79
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, calcium (I am allergic to milk) and Vitamin D