25 lb gone

Hello!
I am so excited to post these pictures! I'm 1/3 to ideal weight, though I don't feel I need to get there, a little heavier would be fine, and I'll let my body signal when it's done.

The first pic was at a wedding last summer (bride requested hats, not my fav) and the other is today, same outfit.

I'm 5'3" and it took about 22 lbs before people noticed. I am quite certain how soon people notice has to do with your height.

I had a few NSV's this week! First, on Tues I was at a meeting and at the end someone said, "OH! I know what makes you look so different: your face is much thinner!

Another thing is that we are soon off on a sunny vacation and all my summer clothes were at least a size smaller. I now fit into almost all of them! YEAH! In combination with that, I can fit into the smallest jeans I own (Levi's 10 Short), though I don't think I'll wear them in public yet!

But the VERY best thing is that I have many beautiful clothes to wear. For the last year there were so few things I actually could get into and I couldn't bring myself to buy plus size, since, as a large-busted person, they just hung on my like tents, and I couldn't find any regular size clothes to fit. Shopping was so so so so depressing. Occasionally I'd buy something, but it never looked very nice. Now, I own very few things that I can't wear and gave a big bag away to a friend. I have the choice of about 10 years of clothing in my closet instead of a few things hanging in my closet and a large rubbermaid of doesn't fit! Basically, I can wear nearly everything I own now! So thrilled!

beforeandafter.jpg

Replies

• TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Hello!
    I am so excited to post these pictures! I'm 1/3 to ideal weight, though I don't feel I need to get there, a little heavier would be fine, and I'll let my body signal when it's done.

The first pic was at a wedding last summer (bride requested hats, not my fav) and the other is today, same outfit.

I'm 5'3" and it took about 22 lbs before people noticed. I am quite certain how soon people notice has to do with your height.

I had a few NSV's this week! First, on Tues I was at a meeting and at the end someone said, "OH! I know what makes you look so different: your face is much thinner!

Another thing is that we are soon off on a sunny vacation and all my summer clothes were at least a size smaller. I now fit into almost all of them! YEAH! In combination with that, I can fit into the smallest jeans I own (Levi's 10 Short), though I don't think I'll wear them in public yet!

But the VERY best thing is that I have many beautiful clothes to wear. For the last year there were so few things I actually could get into and I couldn't bring myself to buy plus size, since, as a large-busted person, they just hung on my like tents, and I couldn't find any regular size clothes to fit. Shopping was so so so so depressing. Occasionally I'd buy something, but it never looked very nice. Now, I own very few things that I can't wear and gave a big bag away to a friend. I have the choice of about 10 years of clothing in my closet instead of a few things hanging in my closet and a large rubbermaid of doesn't fit! Basically, I can wear nearly everything I own now! So thrilled!

Hope the pic works!

?action=view&current=beforeandafter.jpg
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    You lookm great! There is definitely a huge difference in your whole body...and you look younger :)
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Big difference!!!! You look younger, thinner and happier!!! Way to go!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    nice work ...your face looks so much younger!
  • myuva
    myuva Posts: 67
    I agree w/ the posters above !!!!Good for you !!!!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    You look awesome! 25 lbs. lost makes a big difference and you are to be congratulated! Thanks, also, for posting on my success! We are all in this together and having just lost my first 25 lbs, I know the journey you've been on! Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration to everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!