MMA workouts fans try Ultimate Conditioning by Scott Sonnon

Options
AZackery
AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
If you are a MMA workout fan and want to try something different, check out Scott Sonnon's Ultimate Conditioning workouts. There are three volumes to the series. Youtube has clips of a level from each volume, just type in Scott Sonnon Ultimate Conditioning. The main workouts are in tabata form. You can also view some of Scott's gym workouts on youtube. He's a good instructor. In the future, I'm looking forward to getting Tacfit.

You can buy the series on Amazon. Although, this is a series, you don't have to do the volumes in order and I will go as far as to say if you don't want to buy the whole series, you don't have to. Each workout was designed to target a certain body part, but to me, each workout targets the whole body. I own all three workouts. I've recently received volume 1. While I was waiting to get volume 1, I did volume 2. I will continue to master that volume, before moving to either of the other workouts.

The workouts:

1. Ultimate Conditioning Volume 1: Strikers
2. Ultimate Conditioning Volume 2: Ground Fighters
3. Ultimate Conditioning Volume 3: Kickers

What you will need:

1. Clubbells. I don't own clubbells and I wasn't going to buy some, so I use baseball bats
2. Sandbag. I've created my own 15lb bag, using salt, instead of sand or rocks
3. 2 Kettelbells or a medicine ball. I use my medicine ball
4. Plyo-box. I don't own this and I will not buy one. I will continue to do the modification version.