i dont do cheat days... but today wasn't awesome :/

Options
2»

Replies

• ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i had a shocking week and weekend - i need to get back on track immediately - i do not not not want to get not he scale tomorrow.
  • bag4498
    bag4498 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had a cheat day this week. I do make sure its not the day before weigh in though. NO REGRETS.
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i usually do 1-2 cheat meals a week.....I usually kill it for the exercise that day to try and off set it....you need to have them to keep you sane.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I agree with what has been said here. Cheating... against who, what ? bulkers use that word, but it's another purpose. In your case, it's just a day you enjoyed eating something different. I mean... then what ? You are still there, aren't you ?

Some diet strategies say that if people eat more on some days, but that allow em to keep the diet on the track for a long time, it's then much better than being a control freak, and ending beating yourself up because of the unavoidable binges to come.
    Over the months I've experienced that, the more control you are trying to do, the more binges you have. It's not called a diet, it's called torture and intolerance against myself :)
    And again, a day won't change anything, weeks do, months, and years also ;)
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    today i worked out, had a good breakfast, everything normal... until my BFs family got chinese food for dinner :/

i didn't eat until i was about to bust open (like i did before). i had a little bit of everything but am pretty sure i did not eat enough to go over my calorie goal. i haven't had anything remotely bad in well over 2 weeks, and i don't plan on eating anything else tonight.

should i be worried? i don't want to gain weight. is this a major setback, or just a once in a while indulgence (a "healthier" indulgence compared to how i used to eat.)

any feedback would be great.

To me that is an impromptu splurge. I try to stay away from that, does it happen? Yes but stay away from it. You feel guilty when you do it. Now having said that, I eat a ton of garbage food every week. I plan for it, work it into my plans and then dominate it. Having set time to eat whatever you want is healthy and very good to do. I always have done this since I was a kid but now I know why its ok. Alot of people do it on this board. Good Luck
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    My personal trainer told me that you should not have a whole day of eatting what u want but instead up just one meal every week .. She says if you do the whole day than you might like it and do it more often ... Just get back on it and u will be fine !! :)

I love Trainers. Most of them are so off its actually sad.
    Tell your trainer I ate 9000 calories in 3 days and lost 1 lb this week and had my best workouts in over a yr. And then tell her it was in 2 meals and I skipped breakfast all week! DOOOOOOOH!
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer told me that you should not have a whole day of eatting what u want but instead up just one meal every week .. She says if you do the whole day than you might like it and do it more often ... Just get back on it and u will be fine !! :)

Tell your trainer I ate 9000 calories in 3 days and lost 1 lb this week and had my best workouts in over a yr. And then tell her it was in 2 meals and I skipped breakfast all week! DOOOOOOOH!

clap clap clap clap clap clap

"Cheat days" are healthy. It's just when you have two or three days in a week going way over caloric expenditure that you fail your week (I have unfortunately experienced this many times).
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    The only thing that might happen is that the sodium causes you to retain water. (:
  • Beatlegirl66
    Beatlegirl66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I can really relate. On Friday night I ended up going to the Golden Corral Buffet. Now prior to my attempts to lose weight, I would go wild and eat everything there. I did much better with my food choices and didn't eat like a pig and was full. Thanks to the workout I had earlier in the day, I was under my calorie intake. But I sure felt guilty! And guess what? I lost 3 pounds this week! Who knew?
  • Ambrogio1
    Options

clap clap clap clap clap clap

"Cheat days" are healthy. It's just when you have two or three days in a week going way over caloric expenditure that you fail your week (I have unfortunately experienced this many times).

The more and more I learn my body the more I realize its really just the total number at the end of the week.
  • eksims1
    eksims1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had a huge cheat day yesterday. I had been wanting to make a cake recipe I saw on pinterest and I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I made it (I won't go into detail about this cake because I wouldn't want to make anyone hungry for cake). Basically I didn't eat very much of the finished product but I ate ALL the leftover icing and felt horrible all day because I was over like 800 calories, but I still ran 3 miles. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost another pound regardless! The spike once a week in calories works for me, so don't be afraid of it!
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    I had a huge cheat day yesterday. I had been wanting to make a cake recipe I saw on pinterest and I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I made it (I won't go into detail about this cake because I wouldn't want to make anyone hungry for cake). Basically I didn't eat very much of the finished product but I ate ALL the leftover icing and felt horrible all day because I was over like 800 calories, but I still ran 3 miles. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost another pound regardless! The spike once a week in calories works for me, so don't be afraid of it!

To say I have done the above 100 times would be an understatment.
    But now for over a yr I have not felt guilty. Main reason is I work it into my caloric intake and then plan for it, it is such a relief! I love it. An evern the times I know I Went over I don't care it still feels fine