noodles????

Options
when measuring noodles is the serving size for cooked or un cooked noodles?? the box doesnt say. it just says serving size 2 oz. now i measured out 2 oz dry but it was double the size when it was cooked and i was afraid to eat that many carbs. they are whole wheat noodles but 41 carbs for 1 servong? sorry for the stupid question but i hope someone can help.

Replies

• bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    when measuring noodles is the serving size for cooked or un cooked noodles?? the box doesnt say. it just says serving size 2 oz. now i measured out 2 oz dry but it was double the size when it was cooked and i was afraid to eat that many carbs. they are whole wheat noodles but 41 carbs for 1 servong? sorry for the stupid question but i hope someone can help.
  • mitstac17
    mitstac17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi - I just went thru these noodle troubles. It is 2oz dry which equals about (180 to 200 cals.) When it is cooked it basically doubles to 6oz still equaling (180 to 200 cals) depending if it is wheat pasta or regular. Hope this helps!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I just looked on Calorie King. 2.5 oz cooked pasta equals 1/2 cup, which is approx 87 cals and 18 carbs.
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    thanks for the help. i just went on calorie king (i didnt know about this site) and found the ronzoni noodles i used. it said a serving size is 3/4 cup dry. that a lot of noodles.
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    try these noodles in another post.. they are found in whole foods.. yam noodles 40 calories for a whole bag!!
    xx
  • mitstac17
    mitstac17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Do you have a food scale? That is what I use all the time. Weigh the noodles dry until it says 2 oz. and then this way you know how much it is. If you don't have a food scale - I actually purchased mine at Bed Bath and Beyond for $15 and I love it. I weigh everything!!!!!!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Mmmm don't forget spaghetti squash. I love it. And it goes a long way.