Shredded salsa chicken?

Options
jackibailey
jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
Today I cooked chicken thighs and salsa in my crockpot and shredded the meat to have on soft tacos. The meat tastes really good but we just didn't like it for tacos. I have a lot left over. If anybody has any ideas how to use the leftover chicken I would really appreciate it. Thanks everybody.

Replies

• JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    I would put it with rice and beans and eat it like a casserole.
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That sounds good! Thanks
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Interesting...when I make salsa chicken, I use chicken breasts and I always cook extra so that there is enough left over to make tacos with...

Hmm...you could make a chicken pizza loaded with veggies on a pita? Or even make a sandwich with it.
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just eat it with rice and fat free sour cream. :)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I ate it with Spanish rice. I was going to make tacos with it, but I got too lazy.
  • TessaR1
    Options
    i just made some like that, we had fiesta salads, went really well with refried beans.
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    I make chicken salad sandwiches with a little miracle whip, chopped apple and sunflower seeds on low fat whole wheat bread.
  • gwenlatus77
    gwenlatus77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I always make salsa chicken and put it in corn tortillas and in a casserole dish. Then top with shredded cheese ( how ever much desired) and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. It makes great enchiladas
  • dollienj
    Options
    Make chicken salad with the cold leftovers. It'll be a bit drier the next day, so it won't water down any mayo you might use. Maybe use it for a chicken tortilla soup?
  • setter928
    setter928 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    add black beans and throw it on a salad?

Crunch up some chips and throw them on top!
  • dhelean
    Options
    Blend with couscous, mushrooms, onions and chicken broth.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    When we make salsa chicken in the crockpot we serve it over yolk free egg noodles, with a dallop of light daisy sour cream. Then we use our leftovers for tacos!! YUM!!!!!
  • flynchef
    Options
    SOUNDS SO YUMMY! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!
    PERSONALLY..I WOULD ENJOY IT 'AS IS'! MAYBE A DOLLUP OF PLAIN GREEK YOGURT IN PLACE OF SOURCREAM AND SOME CHOPPED GREEN ONION?! NO WRAPS, NO RICE. NO CARBS!
    I WOULD USE MY CALORIES ELSEWHERE!! :happy: