Zumba for Kinect vs Zumba DVDs vs Zumba Classes

Options
2»

Replies

• AiryM
    AiryM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't have the Kinect but I do have Zumba for the Wii. I do enjoy it and it can be challenging. But, I love classes more. I feel like I can really go all out in class without the fear of knocking over a lamp in my living room, lol!

Plus, I've made friends at classes. They definitely motivate to get my butt out the door and get moving. I'm not very good at exercising at home. I tend to either perform half *kitten* or make an excuse not to do it at all. Classes keep me in check.

Have fun! It's a great workout!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    I have tried them all! My favorite by far is the Kinect version because it actually reads your body and shows you where you're going wrong. I like the DVDs too, they also have tutorials that break down each dance step so you can really learn. But classes are fun, you can get pumped by being around a lot of people.
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't go out much (drinking) and zumba classes are my new going out :) Its partttty time!!
  • StephanieSherie
    StephanieSherie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just bought the ZUmba Core for Sony XBOX Kinect.
    Does anyone use the xbox live and connect with other people doing the Zumba workouts?

I'm trying to decide if I want the xbox live subscription.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

I go to my YMCA every week and attend a Zumba class. Have been for almost 4 months now. 300+ lbs. 6'3 man with 1-2 other guys. the rest of the class are girls 20-30 of them. I flail like a monkey and I flail proudly damn it! :bigsmile: (actually it's more like a drunk, stoned, blind ape attempting to tap dance while wearing roller skates :blushing: ) I know I suck but I don't care and enjoy myself.

This made me happy :smile: I love my zumba classes and I love that there are all ages, men as well as women and all shaps, sizes and capabilities. Anyone who is thinking of doing a class but feels shy or thinks they won't fit in, just go any way! I was so unco-ordinated at the start, despite having done othr types of dance claases for years. I don't care! :bigsmile:

Just get moving, sweat and have fun!:tongue:

this is a winner by all means i've tryed the games but i am so much more happier in a class know one cares what you look like there to busy keeping up with the instructor. you will make friends easy what do you have to lose. go in with an open mind and you will see male and female dancing weird so your never alone. i've been in a class where there was just four of us and then the teacher and i've been in bigger groups of 20 some people. just go have fun like everyone else i'm exstreamly shy but i loved it when i use to go before i moved