Kitchen Scales??

Options
I'm in the market for a digital kitchen scale. Any suggestions?

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I'm in the market for a digital kitchen scale. Any suggestions?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    go to Walmart- I love mine and it was 15$ there
  • flcaoh
    Options
    Anyone have any brand suggestions? Any bad experiences with one? I don't want to waste what little money I have :)

And thanks kerri, I'm headed to Wally-World tomorrow morning to check out what they have.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Mine is an escali from Target.com. It was $20 or $30 & it works great. LOTS of colors to chose from & I like that, too. :bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    the one I have from walmart is "Taylor" it's very thin and flat and it's grey. My sister has the same one and neither of us have ever had a problem with it :flowerforyou:
  • DivaLisa
    DivaLisa Posts: 29
    Options
    dont buy the dial one .. yes i am talking about a food scale .. i bought a roud one that had a dial but it was so hard to tell when it was on the zero ..

go with a digital scale . .it is so worth it . can't give a brand cuz my current one is a weight watcher food scale but i am sure you can find one at walmart or target real cheap
  • Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have this one and it's great. It's a little pricey, but it does more than the average digital scale.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013IDHTO

There are 206 reviews on it as well. I watched a video of how it works ( I think from their website directly) and that is what sold me.
  • flcaoh
    Options
    Okay... I bought a Taylor brand scale from Target. I'm happy to report that my previous 'guestimations' of serving sizes were actually pretty accurate. The only difficulty I had was measuring things in spoons, like butter or peanut butter, or oil. Or when a box of something just had the serving size measured in grams and not cup increments. Ugh. But now I can just measure the grams and be super accurate. :)

I did have one of those dial/spring scales. It sucked LOL. But it was all I could afford at the time and it served it's purpose. I think that's why I'm so good at estimating now because I learned to eye ball sizes. Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Okay... I bought a Taylor brand scale from Target. I'm happy to report that my previous 'guestimations' of serving sizes were actually pretty accurate. The only difficulty I had was measuring things in spoons, like butter or peanut butter, or oil. Or when a box of something just had the serving size measured in grams and not cup increments. Ugh. But now I can just measure the grams and be super accurate. :)

I did have one of those dial/spring scales. It sucked LOL. But it was all I could afford at the time and it served it's purpose. I think that's why I'm so good at estimating now because I learned to eye ball sizes. Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions!

:laugh: :laugh: I too had the dial/spring scales, not only did it turn yellow but never seemed accurate. :tongue: I bought the same Taylor one that kerrilucko mentions that now I guess i supported by the Biggest Loser too. I have used oz as opposed to grams and bought new sets of measuring spoons, cups and a uphigh measuring cup so I don't skew. I use my scale for meat separation/measurement and snack measurement. Recently I used it for whole wheat pasta for my firsst time since Jan!!!! I think any tools that help me out and I love to cook so alot I could/can eyeball, but if I'm diligent, I know EXACTLY what is going into my and bf's mouth as opposed to eyeballing that I am more lenient on..............:glasses:
  • flcaoh
    Options
    I'm even happier to report that I was over estimating the amount of meat that I thought was a serving size (4 ounces). I made turkey burgers tonight and once I measured out 4 ounces it was like twice what I normally cook for one 4oz burger. Yay me... more meat. Mmmmm :)