Newbie from Illinois

Options
Hello everyone! I'm a 37 year old mother of 2...and I'm still carrying around baby fat from my baby who's 11!!! OH, I can't use that excuse anymore? Well ok...LOL, Bottom line is, I need to lose some of this junk I'm carrying around! Tonight was the conclusion to a 21 day no meat, no bread, no dairy fast and I'm down 9.5 lbs! Woo Hooooo...my goal is to NOT gain any of it back and keep losing as I reincorporate into my diet meats, breads, etc. Short-term, I'd like to lose 20 lbs...possibly 30 for the long term. I'm hoping to be inspired by you all and to be a inspiration in return.

Replies

• armiley
    Options
    Hi there I'm new from IL as well. I am a senior in college trying to get off that freshmen fifteen, the sophomore ten, and the junior twenty...I think I took the freshmen 15 to a whole new level unfortunately... I just started today and my first step is just to get my eating habits into perspective I was surprised I only went over by 1 Cal today!!! I will start doing the whole excersising thing here as soon as I have integrated my diet change. One step at a time is my opinion and changing my diet is step one!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Were you doing the Daniel fast?
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am originally from Illinois but I live in NY now. I still love to encourage my folks from the home state. I'm not new to MFP but I can always use new friends. Welcome both of you:flowerforyou:
  • sbilter
    Options
    :smile: Way to go I just started fitnesspal.com and lost 6.5 in 2 weeks 1400 cal a day and working out again. Keep up the good work
  • petewilson69
    Options
    Welcome. X
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Showing some love from Illinois!!! I'm also a mother of 2 and going to be 37 this year!!! Love to have you as a friend!!
  • mimonde18
    mimonde18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am from IL. as well. I am a mother of two beautiful girls. I love taking care of my family, but it's time to put me in the equation.
    I joined last Monday and I'm already down 4lbs. Most of all I feel great about myself and the future.
    Good Luck to all of you!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm from IL, too! If you'd like to be inspired, read my success story and then decide if you'd like me to help you along the way:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/374412-finally-after-6-months-37-lbs-i-m-ready-to-share

I'm a mom of 3 and I'm not into starvation diets at all. I'm currently at maintenance, eating 2000 calories and keeping the weight OFF! Drop me a message if you'd like me on your team! :flowerforyou:
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I was born and raised in Illinois but I now live in Georgia. You will love the fellowship and emcouragement you wiull receive on this site.
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    I'm from Illinois! Originally from the Metro-East area, now living in Champaign. Feel free to add me if you want some more support :).