lost weight

melissab
melissab Posts: 17
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
i lost four pounds yeah. but now it seems i have gained 1 pound back how is this possible since i've truly have been sticking with the diet ? HELP this makes me a little discouraged.

Replies

• melissab
    melissab Posts: 17
    i lost four pounds yeah. but now it seems i have gained 1 pound back how is this possible since i've truly have been sticking with the diet ? HELP this makes me a little discouraged.
  • If you've been lifting weights you can gain.
  • nealm
    nealm Posts: 4
    What Melissa said is very true. I also find that when I'm losing weight I hit areas where it gets tough to break through. Sometimes it is possible for me to break through by eating a bit more than I have been. Sounds crazy, but your body can go into protection mode if your calorie intake is too low. It thinks you are starving and will store as much fat as it can to protect you. The key (at least for me) is to eat small portions, often.
    Good luck.
    Neal
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    I have lost 10 pounds as of this morning. I really started kicking up my workouts (walking) and diet. I have 10 more to go.

I don't record my food as much as I have been, but I now know what to eat and when. Now, I have to start doing my strength training at least once a week and to resume my abdominal exercises daily. I have been falling short of that.

My a/c died in my house so it hasn't been an atmosphere where I feel comfortable doing my exericses. My husband and I bought two window units and the house is much cooler. Next week is the week to start.

Keep up the good work all!
This discussion has been closed.