night exercising/ counting calories?

Options
Who here exercises at night? I just got back from the gym, after doing almost an hour on the treadmill. Is it cheating for me to add this tomorrow rather than today? I saved some calories for my nightly oatmeal, and I really do not feel like consuming over 300 besides the oatmeal now.

Thoughts? pro-cons of doing this?

Replies

• thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I work an overnight shift and county my days as when I wake up to when I go to bed. So my day may start on Sunday, but it ends on Monday. If I were you, I'd do the same from when you wake up to when you go to sleep.
  • DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    It doesn't matter. It all scene out in the end. I'd record it on today, so that you're tracking is accurate. If you're at a severe deficit, plan to eat more routinely earlier in the day if you workout at night. Otherwise, just log it today, and it gives you some room tomorrow. Tho.k big picture - look at the week as a whole and don't worry about compartmentalizing the day to day. :)
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    Whenever the mood hits.... I wish I had a 24 hour gym near me... But I do have a home gym that isn't bad, so I can go down the basement any time I want. Just be consistent.
  • GroceryShrink
    GroceryShrink Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. You don't want to eat a lot right before bed--it's more likely to turn to fat, even if you did just exercise. It would be way better to have these calories in the morning--or skip them alltogether and get results even faster.