those who have done warrrior dashhh!!??

Hey! So I'm doing the warrior dash in June and it will be my first ever race since xc..I was wondering if u guys have any tips for me or if u can tell me how ur experience was..I heard it was fun but def physically challenging...anything helps:)
Laura Rivera

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Where are you doing it? I'm signed up in June too.. at Logan Oh. By the time I run that one, it'll be my 2nd, but I don't run my 1st one until May 20th in NC. I'd love to see what the experienced Dashers have to say.. I'm currently on the hardest of the three training programs and am really liking it.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    I did my first in October and it was one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my life. It's well organized but is definitely crowded. I trained using the middle of the three programs they have on their site. It helped quite a bit get me ready but I really needed some extra arm strength. On one of the rope climbing obstacles I slid down twice and got a huge rope burn on my arm that is now a nice little scar. My only tips are bring an extra pair of clothing and lots of towels for afterwards. A jug of water for washing wouldn't hurt either. The communal shower from a hose doesn't *quite* cut it. While they don't allow outside food I do recommend that you bring a cooler with some cold water in it to keep in your trunk. You WILL need extra hydration afterwards. All they supply is dixie cups of water. Also wear gloves.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    I'm signed up for my first 2 Warrior Dash races this summer as well. So I'm interested to hear what people say. Never thought of gloves... I'll have to remember that.
  • ElisaRazz
    ElisaRazz Posts: 84 Member
    im doing it next weekend!!!!! so nervous, have never done it before
  • I'm going to be doing it in Illinois..ooh I'm so anxious..I'm currently doing 90x, I wonder if that will increase my arm strength enough lol. Never thought about the gloves either..I will have to remember that too..ur doing it next weekend? Omg u must tell how ur experience was!!
  • johnporcaro
    johnporcaro Posts: 76 Member
    I did it last year with my 15 year old son (and a bunch of people from work). It was a decent run, with some fun obstacles throughout. I wrote up a blog post and did a shakey-cam video. It was FUN! Don't be too freaked out--there were lots of people walking the second half...

YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99CaZJiWXFY

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/111798522694025436100/WarriorDash
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    I signed up for something like that in May. Its called Rugged Maniac..I am interested to see the answers you get to this question.
  • lehiggins
    lehiggins Posts: 9 Member
    I did it last year in MD. I'm not a runner and didn't train for it. It was fun but challenging for me. I finished and enjoyed myself but was tired. There's no real training to help you unless you have access to an obstacle course. I don't. ;) I was bruised and banged up after but I wouldn't change it. Run with a group, rock some costumes and get crazy. It's an experience!!