Anyone else with Thyroid - Hypo !!!

Options
Hi !

I am 31 and learned a year back that I have Hypo-thyroidisum, as a result my metabolisum is half that of a normal person. I developed this during my pregnancy. I have no such symptoms / problems other than I gained 10 kgs - which are not leaving my body :)

I started going to the gym, controlled my food intake and joined MFP since Jan this year. I am very excited to tell that I have lost 6 lbs since then and I feel good. But since last 2-3 days I am feeling a little tired. Is anyone else experiencing such ? Is it due to exercising ?

Please share !

Replies

• shalinik78
    Options
    Hi !

I am 31 and learned a year back that I have Hypo-thyroidisum, as a result my metabolisum is half that of a normal person. I developed this during my pregnancy. I have no such symptoms / problems other than I gained 10 kgs - which are not leaving my body :)

I started going to the gym, controlled my food intake and joined MFP since Jan this year. I am very excited to tell that I have lost 6 lbs since then and I feel good. But since last 2-3 days I am feeling a little tired. Is anyone else experiencing such ? Is it due to exercising ?

Please share !
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    For me. When I first started to lose weight I was keeping up deficts of 1000-2000 daily which I found out was a no no for hypothyroid individuals. Large deficits just make the metabolism slow down even more. I found that staying within 10-20 percent of my maintenance or eating 100-200 above my BMR was the best thing for me. Try thyroid.about.com for helpful info.:flowerforyou:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I, too, am hypothyroid. I have been on supplementation for 8 years. Are you on any medication? I found that once my thyroid got regulated, I felt much better, more interested in life. However, I still struggled with my weight. Sadly, fixing my thyroid was not a magic fix!:grumble:

However, since I found MFP, I'm on my way to my ideal body!!!:happy:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have it and actually had to have one side of my thyroid and the 2 parathyroid glands on that same side (left) removed. I will be on medication for life for it. The thyroid really messes with your body. My calcium was way out of control (high) which caused me to have HUGE kidney stones that had to be surgically removed on two different occasions. My B12 was messed up, my vitamin D and a bunch of other blood levels were really whacked out. They did a blood test after they removed my thyroid while I was still under anesthesia and all of my levels normalized immediately. It was really weird. I feel 100% better, more energy, less grumpy, able to stay awake and fall asleep, no more hot and cold intolerance. The down side is the medication I have to take but I will take that any day over the crappy way I was feeling before.
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    I also have hypothyroidism. It stinks and I have to be on medication for the rest of my life. luckily they caught it quite early so my doseage is very low. but if you are feeling tired, that is one of the sure tell signs that your thyroid is not at normal levels. feeling tired, gaining weight, or if you feel a lump in the front of your throat are all signs you need to go to the doctor. all they have to do is draw some blood to test your TSH levels. but you want to get that checked before it gets more out of control.

hope this helps :smile:
  • shalinik78
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey !

Thank you all for sharing the useful info on my query.
    Yes I am on regular medication since the day I got to know
    it. And I am planning to discuss this with my Doc and see if'I need
    some adjustments with the dosage :)

Feeling better knowing that I am at the right place with the right people :)

Thanks for your support !

:happy: