2st Lost & frustrated!

I just don't get it.

2 stone lost and I can't see from where - plus I haven't changed a dress size! :(

I've got size 20 trousers that are literally falling off me yet I can't get size 18's in shops past my thighs.
Makes me feel like giving up when no matter what my loss is each week, I can't go get smaller clothes.

I'm now stuck with having to pick from my own wardrobe between oooooold items that now fit once more and more recent things that drown me.

Anyone else had this problem? I'm hoping the next stone might do the trick?

Replies

• I am only just starting this time on the diet but a couple of years ago I lost 3stone (which I have since put back on) and I remember having the same problem.

I have always has chunky thighs and found that for the first couple fo stone it went from my stomach/arms/bum/hands and even feet before it seemed to come off my thighs.

It was only around the third stone that I noticed my thighs were smaller.

Keep going - if it happens like it did for me then you will notice it all of a sudden and you are already well on your way to getting to that point, so well done!

I used to wear leggings and a-line dresses a lot as it showed off my smaller waist whilst keeping attention away from the thighs.

Did you know that you are more at risk of getting weight-related illnesses such as diabetes etc if you carry weight around your middle? So, as much as it is really annoying trying to get trousers to fit, it is better to carry your excess weight on your bottom half than your middle. That's what I tell myself when I'm feeling frustrated with my shape!

Keep going, you are doing great!
  • hebbby
    hebbby Posts: 70
    shop around a bit. different shops have different fits. Also you could go buy a pair of 18s safe in the knowledge that your weight loss is headed in that direction and you will be able to fit into them soon!
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Thank you :)

I think I will try and hold out, I have one pair of 18's I got thinking I wasn't far off them being comfortable but... not yet.

Just hope I start to see some changes soon I want to be in girly bikini's for my hols in September rather than reinforced Lycra to hold the tum in!
  • violet_sphinx
    violet_sphinx Posts: 26 Member
    Man, I have the same problem as you even pre-weightloss. Shops do NOT make trousers for those of us with generous thighs but smaller waists. Any pair of trousers I can get on to my tree trunk legs is massive around my hips and waist, so I just wear skirts! It would be SO nice if some weight would come off my legs. Best of luck to you! I feel your pain, but you're doing an amazing job!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    I have the same problem. It could be the style. I have about 4 pair of jeans all in the same size. 1 is too tight to wear for more than a few minutes, 2 fit great and the 4th is almost too big. Same for my dress pants. I don't look at sizes any more. I look at how I feel and look in them. Try for some slimming pants. I always feel good in those.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    28lbs is fantastic! Well done. People lose weight from different places when they start out, but carry on and you WILL lose excess fat from all over in time. Don't be frustrated, be happy. I climb mountains, and when I feel a bit tired, I turn around and look at how far I have come and it always gives me a lift! Keep climbing and you will see real big changes by the time you reach the summit!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Are you measuring?? If not, START!! :flowerforyou:
  • Ceffy
    I'm coming to the conclusion that its my thighs that are the problem - might pick the PT's brain if I can do something with my programme to focus on them.

Seem to have lost my weight from belly button up (with the exception to bra size which has gone up - go figure?)

might invest in some spanx for a wedding I'm going to but too much of a wimp to wear them at work & I don't like to wear skirts to work as I work in a warehouse environment - might have to get used to it!
  • inuit
    inuit Posts: 72 Member
    I am with you here all the way, lost exactly the same and was around 20 bottom 22 top, I have recently bought a 16 swimming costume (M&S) and a couple of 16 trousers that are a little tight and are a few weeks away from wearing comfortbally (Sainsburys brand) so when i go to my warbrode, there is a load of size 20 jeans in there, various brands, from the cheap and cheerful to designer, most of the 20s are still snug and some are lose, i was hoping they would drop off all. Not a chance LOL!

Different brands are massively different, it is a bit of a joke, but if you want cheering up then shop at Wallis, monsoon, sainsburys, they seem to more generously portioned.

I bet you look better in all those clothes you still have anyway, so stuff clothes sizes, keep going, you are doing really well.
  • Ceffy
    I am getting more compliments than ever before - just disheartening when I need to buy something new and its the old sizes.

Will keep trudging and might turn a corner soon :happy: