Any UK Mums?!?

Options
chels1605
chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
Hey...

Any UK Mums here??

Looking for ideas/activities to do with little ones from 4months - 5yrs in lovely old UK!!

Also do any of you use netmums/mumsnet?

Cx

Replies

• lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm a UK mum of an 11month old and a 2.5 year old, maybe we can exchange ideas....
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    The hubby and I love taking our 18 month old daughter to National Trust sites. Nice to be in the fresh air, she loves people watching, and I love photographing the sites! If you go to the National Trust website you can find what's near you.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes, I have 2 boys, and am also in the UK. It is hard at this time of year to get out with them and do stuff when they complain they are cold all the time! We go for walks at weekends. Luckily we have some woods nearby with lots of play equipment and cycle paths, so we go out there a lot. We also go swimming, which is more exercise for them than me, as I tend to have to walk around catching them when they sink. In the summer we play Kraken, which is like It, but with more tentacles. One person is the kraken and runs around trying to catch everyone else. It's exhausting!

edit: I don't do net mums. I used to go on Babyworld, but decided hormonal parenting forums weren't good for my mental health. Too many highly strung people!
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm in the uk (Lincolnshire). I've got two kids aged 1 and 2. We go to our local Sure Start centre twice a week. Which they love, and as a bonus, it's free!
    We also go to different indoor soft play centres, and parks. And to feed the ducks.
    We are also pretty lucky to live in a seaside town. It's not the best beach, but it's great in the summer. We can spend all day there!

Also try www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk for a great variety of places to visit. I use this website a lot to find new places to go.

:)
  • Tasha_uk
    Options
    Hey. I'm from birmingham and my daughter is 5 years old. I use netmums. There are quite a few netmums on here there is a thread on there were every one has been adding each other to mfp
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i take my little ones to our local childrens centre for an arts and crafts club, and see if your local library had a rhyme time session or anything similar, also if there's a playground nearby they'll love it.
  • pinkcaz
    pinkcaz Posts: 14
    Options
    I have a 2 year old in Derbyshire :-) I used to use Mumsnet but havent for a long time now...any ideas gratefully received here :-) x