Nandos (UK)

Options
Help please :smile:
I am going to Nandos for a birthday meal tomorrow and need some help making the best choice from the menu so I can plan the rest of the days food well.
I have looked at their website but can't find a menu so I can then check against the MFP database. I am guessing chicken breast in a pitta bread or something similar is best. I don't know if they come with chips and sides either.:huh: Help!

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Hey, there's calories on the online menu if you click the "i" next to each item :smile:

http://www.nandos.co.uk/themenu
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    I don't know about Nando's in the UK, but in Australia their Classic Chicken Wrap is pretty low on calories even with mayonnaise (approximately 266 calories). The Mini Chicken Pita is also good (244 calories). In Australia you can get them either on their own or with a meal (regular side of chips & drink) so if I'm feeling hungry I just get the meal and eat around half of the chips, with a Coke Zero. A regular side of chips is 500 calories so if I eat those it ends up being my main meal of the day. Don't stress about it, it's just one meal.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    personally if it were my birthday id just let go and enjoy! x
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You could get a 1/4 or a 1/2 a grilled chicken with one or two sides - just don't choose chips, and maybe not the coleslaw! Their minted peas are good, as are the black beans.
  • frilly7483
    frilly7483 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I actually choose to eat at Nando's on a diet. They have all the nutritional info on the website, you can make sensible choices with the sides (fino sides etc.) and the chicken is a great source of protein!

Just go out, have a good night and don't go crazy :) x
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Same, although I know it's not what you asked for. However, even the healthiest options on the Nando's menu are still yummy :)
  • FJHutch
    FJHutch Posts: 34
    Options

Same, although I know it's not what you asked for. However, even the healthiest options on the Nando's menu are still yummy :)

Thanks everyone that is really helpful :)
    If it was my birthday I would have a cheat day but it is a friends birthday and I have am having my hen do in a couple of weeks (been married 5 years but never got round to one before - long story!) and I am planning on letting go and enjoying that too :D
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    They dont come with sides of chips unless you order it. Go for the mixed salad at 17 kCal with a single chicken breast pitta no mayo. Avoid other extras if you can but the halloumi is less than 100kCal as is the corn cob (you don't need chips if you've got a pitta) I always have chicken pitta, halloumi, pineapple, mixed salad and corn cob...but i also work out mega hard.
  • rainbowkitty79
    Options
    hi there

nandos is my fave!!! Try this website: http://caloriecount.about.com/nandos-nutrition-m659
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I love Nandos...ENJOY