Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 25

Options
Here we are - a month after Christmas. Has everyone goten those pesky extra holiday pounds off yet? I am finally happy to say that with my rededication to focusing on exercise and water that I got that last pound off that I'd gained - plus one more. Yeah! If you still have a few more hanging on or seem to be stuck where you are - try a new approach. Look at what you are doing now and figure out where you are missing something. Everything looks good? Then switch a few things around. It can be very defeating to be working hard and there just not being the results you are looking for. Don't give up! Everyone here has been so supportive and inspiring - stick around and you will get to where you want to be. :happy:

I put the final stickers on my chart last night with 36 min of moderate riding on my bike, Hit the Spot Pilates - Core and Abs & Waist Line workouts, & actually 10 waters! It makes me smile to see my full chart of stickers saying 'Good for You!', 'You Rock!', 'Awesome!', 'Way to Go!'... I'm not sure if I'll be able to go shopping this weekend or not. If I do get out to get something I will wear it for a new picture to post. Thanks for all of the encouragement and love! You guys are FANTASTIC fitness partners and friends! I am honored to be taking this journey with each of you.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Have a SUPER weekend!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Here we are - a month after Christmas. Has everyone goten those pesky extra holiday pounds off yet? I am finally happy to say that with my rededication to focusing on exercise and water that I got that last pound off that I'd gained - plus one more. Yeah! If you still have a few more hanging on or seem to be stuck where you are - try a new approach. Look at what you are doing now and figure out where you are missing something. Everything looks good? Then switch a few things around. It can be very defeating to be working hard and there just not being the results you are looking for. Don't give up! Everyone here has been so supportive and inspiring - stick around and you will get to where you want to be. :happy:

I put the final stickers on my chart last night with 36 min of moderate riding on my bike, Hit the Spot Pilates - Core and Abs & Waist Line workouts, & actually 10 waters! It makes me smile to see my full chart of stickers saying 'Good for You!', 'You Rock!', 'Awesome!', 'Way to Go!'... I'm not sure if I'll be able to go shopping this weekend or not. If I do get out to get something I will wear it for a new picture to post. Thanks for all of the encouragement and love! You guys are FANTASTIC fitness partners and friends! I am honored to be taking this journey with each of you.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a SUPER weekend!
    Niccole
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't feel like working out today (girly coming up!), but I know I will feel better if I do. I'm not going to do anything different or exciting today because it will be a miracle for me to do anything at all. Just an hour of Taebo and that's it. Oh and I want to clean the house today because three weekends ago my hubby made us clean up the house on SATURDAY! I don't want to spend my weekend cleaning the house! (If you couldn't tell, I'm not the neatest person in the world. I'm rather lazy!) So Taebo and cleaning here I come!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Mom the mechanic - Not anything, just Taebo :noway:

Yesterday was day two of weird stomach issues. I was under about 200 calories again - but to make up for it I woke up at 5ish this morning with hunger pains - I had some cereal but I don't know whether to count that as yesterday or today since I went back to bed and still had my normal breakfast this morning, hmmm - what would you do?

Got in 4 miles yesterday. Hoping I'm well enough today to go to the gym and do elliptical and weights. I got cardio coach based on someone's suggestion and I'm hoping to try it out today (it's an audio guided workout). I won't be doing any abs though :tongue:

The combo of working hard and stomach issues put me in the 150s this morning. It's not official until Monday - and it's a weekend of going out to eat ahead of me (happy b-day to me) - but as long as there is some pain in the stomach, I shouldn't overeat :laugh: So that makes me pre-vacation weight plus 2 more lost, if I make it until Monday.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I actually lost almost 10 pounds between Thanksgiving & the New Year so I don't have any "holiday" weight to lose but I'm struggling now. Changing things up a bit with my calories to see if it makes a difference.

I did the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Power Sculpt for 60 minutes.

TGIF!:drinker:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! This morning I did a 1 hr spin class and a 1 hr strength training session with my trainer. I wish I could drop some pounds... but I'm having a really hard time with it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Everyone says that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Do you eat it before your workout or after? I've been eating after, but sometimes that's not until 10:30 or so in the morning and I'll have been up since 5:00am.

Anyway, I'm going to drink a glass or 2 of wine tonight with my mom. She's visiting from Montana! It's 8 degrees there, and it's going to be beautiful here (Florida), so we'll be doing lots and lots of walking outside and enjoying the sunshine. BTW, she's 60 years old and did my workout with me this morning!!! What an inspiration.

XOXO
    Katie
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Katie - my dad is 65 and can kick my butt! He did 3 hours of exercise yesterday, then he works in the yard all day. He's also competed in triathelons (I can't even spell it). Treats me just like one of the boys though - had me moving 90 lb bags of sand one time :laugh: He told my husband, when he was helping with yard work, if he was tired - to go work in the shade :laugh:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Swam again this morning for about 45min. Will do some resistance work tonight after everyone is in bed. Feeling great for the first time in a while! Happy Friday :drinker:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well, I broke down and joined he gym near work on Wednesday.
    I ran 30 minutes Thursday and today on the treadmill. I'm working up to taking some classes.

I'm hoping to see some changes over the next few weeks!

Angela :flowerforyou:
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    Almost all the holiday weight is gone, its the other 17 pounds I'm dreading:ohwell: .

Today I did the bike for 30 min and treadmill for 30.:bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    20 minutes of weights.

30 minutes of yoga. :flowerforyou:

which means I filled in my 18 out of 20 on my chart a day early! Manicure time! Hooray!
  • markfloyd
    Options
    I'm doing 30 minutes on the Elliptical, about 30 minutes brisk walking and an average of 1 hour (every day) on the weight pile here in Sunny Eskatraz. :glasses: