Sandbags and Skipping

Options
Hi all, i work in a very cold building which has a flight of 20 stairs leading down into the warehouse. During working hours i drink on average 2-1/2 ltrs of cold water along with cups of Tea. Leading to approx 8-10 pees a day.

Every journey down the stairs i throw a 70lb sandbag over my shoulder...drop it at the bottom of the stairs, do what i need to do then do 150 fast skips before taking the sandbag back up the stairs. I also carry the bag up and down 5 times before i eat my lunch at 1.15pm.

So on average day i`ll do 1200 skips fast pace and carry a sandbag up 360 steps (based on a 8 pees a day)

Can anyone out there give me an average calorie burn for these excercises?

Thanks
John

Replies

• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have no idea..(((maybe invest in an HRM))) but I laughed a little picturing you doing this 8 to 10 times a day :laugh: But nobody sees me everytime I go to the bathroom I do a couple lunges and squats! :drinker:
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Yepp my Boss laughs at me every time he hears the bag thud to the floor...But he`s a guy with a superfast metabolism who only needs to think of excercise and loses weight...jammy sod
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    lol, don't you hate those kind of people :explode: My younger sister is as thin as a rail! and she literally eats cakes and pies for dinner!
    but I think it is very smart of you to do that! :bigsmile:
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Yepp my Boss laughs at me every time he hears the bag thud to the floor...But he`s a guy with a superfast metabolism who only needs to think of excercise and loses weight...jammy sod

Common misconception...I bet when he works out he works out hard and works out more than you know.
  • jonski1968
    Options
    Workout? My Boss...Don`t think he knows the meaning of the word...Although he does play competative squash once a week.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Workout? My Boss...Don`t think he knows the meaning of the word...Although he does play competative squash once a week.

You don't know what he does with his free time!!! People think they know but they don't...as I've found out...It's the same from back at school with those "smart kids" that seemed to never struggle, then you found out that they were like swans.... calm on top of the water and showed this elegance and easy way of going about things, but under the water, they're paddling frantically. He may have hobbies you don't know of or just generally be on his feet more... play sport with his kids(potentially if he has them) on an evening. Metabolic rate differences are very few and far between, and normally only connected to a known illness. The rest of the time, calories in vs calories out is the only difference.
  • jonski1968
    Options
    Hmmm...yeah i know what he does with his free time...5 nights a week in pub, drinking between 4 and 12 pints of Guinness..