Question for the ladies

Options
Hi all, quick question. Do you all find it much harder to stay within your calories when Aunt Flo is visiting? If so, any pointers on how to get through it? I'm having a heck of a time! All I seem to wanna to is eat!

Replies

• megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi all, quick question. Do you all find it much harder to stay within your calories when Aunt Flo is visiting? If so, any pointers on how to get through it? I'm having a heck of a time! All I seem to wanna to is eat!
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    a magnesium supplement helps me...(but that could be mental). Also, I just allow myself to eat, but limit it to helathy options like fresh fruit and veggies.
  • Karaboo
    Karaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I feel the SAME way! "She's" here now & I'm about to go crazy. All I want to do is eat a huge brownie! ; ) I just try to eat choc. pudding or something like that ...it's hard though. I feel I could cave any second now.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    Stock the fridge with lo-cal, yet satisfying snacks. My favorite lately is no-sugar Jello pudding boxes...I whip it up, pour it into 4 serving glasses, then top each with a dollop of Cool Whip Free, and it all comes out to like 85 cals. It's really sweet and creamy and makes you feel like you're getting a treat. Don't completely deprive yourself, but just be smart about what you choose to eat.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

when my Aunt Flo visits...the whisky dissapears, the roof leaks, the dog howls and the sun dont shine

she isnt welcome very often
  • sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    Know exactly where your coming from. I try to drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies. I usually allow myself my cheat day when im on mine.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I hear you! A few days before I can't get enough sweets, and then during I LOVE crispy, salty (chips, etc.)
    I have not gone through one cycle yet w/o going over at least one day during :blushing: I wish there was a placebo for chocolate/chips that tasted just as yummy!
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    WOW! am I glad I am not the only one. I sat on the couch last night and wouldn't let myself move because I wanted chocolate soooo bad. My boyfriend thought I was crazy. I knew if I let myself have even just a little bit I would indulge completely.

Does anyone have some good low cal and healthy chocolate ideas?
  • megbar1979
    Options

when my Aunt Flo visits...the whisky dissapears, the roof leaks, the dog howls and the sun dont shine

she isnt welcome very often

LMAO
  • megbar1979
    Options
    So glad I'm not alone. I just ate lunch - a lean pocket and an apple, then about 10 minutes later had a 100 calorie snack. That's about it for me since my dinner will use up most of the rest of my calories. And I have a loooooong way to go till dinner time. Hope I can make it!
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My aunt is supposed to visit on Monday and I feel way worse now than I do when she is actually here! I am trying really hard not to go pig out at McDonalds! I just keep telling myself that I will un-do all the good that I have tried so hard to accomplish so far. I have only lost 1 pound, but I have been exercising like crazy and I am starting to show some tone! :tongue:
  • mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Options
    When my aunt visits, I just let go...its not worth putting my husband through the heel of the visit and depriving myself-which makes me even more grumpy and moody. I say to hell with it for the week...But that's just me.

I use it as kind of an excuse:devil:
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of 100 cal snack packs in the dangerous cookie aisle. I found some Mr. Salty chocolate covered pretzels, grasshopper cookies, among others. That little bag makes it easy to keep track and honest!

Jello has so many sugar free pudding cups that are 60-80 calories per cup, and taste delicious. Add a little whipped cream and you are still under 100 calories.

I know I am the same way that time of month, so I keep these things handy!
  • megbar1979
    Options
    Thanks! I've read that PMS and weight gain thread, and trust me - no way, no how am I stepping on the scale for the next few days! LOL
  • megbar1979
    Options
    There are a ton of 100 cal snack packs in the dangerous cookie aisle. I found some Mr. Salty chocolate covered pretzels, grasshopper cookies, among others. That little bag makes it easy to keep track and honest!

Jello has so many sugar free pudding cups that are 60-80 calories per cup, and taste delicious. Add a little whipped cream and you are still under 100 calories.

I know I am the same way that time of month, so I keep these things handy!

Oh I love those Mr Salty snacks. YUMMY. I just ate one of the reese's 100 calorie snacksters.
  • expressbug
    expressbug Posts: 100
    Options
    I like the Hershey's Special Dark Candy Bar's, I break it in half and eat half at a time. 110 calories and 6 grams of fat for half the candy bar.

And hershey breaks all apart so you really 6 mini candy bars when you eat half. So yummy when they melt in your mouth
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a trouble with cheating but I know I'm retaining water, hehe. Can't seem to help that water gain but hopefully it will drop soon.
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I usually feel the need to cheat a lot when I am visited by Aunt Flo, but I am being visited and amazingly I have not felt the need to eat my own weight in chocolate. Here are my tips. I don't allow myself to get hungry I have been eating healthy snacks every two hours so I don't get hungry. Fruit is great most fruits are fairly low cal and they help satisfy the sweet tooth. Fat-free chocolate milk helps. Yogurt or pudding both are sweet and creamy. Kellogs: Special K chocolaty delight. It is crunchy and delicious and has little chocolate chips. Finally, my very favorite: Skinny Cow Ice cream wheels. They are so yummy, they don't taste like low fat ice cream, but they are only 140 calories. The bars help with portion control.

Also, I read recently in a Woman's Fitness magazine that women burn 4% more calories everyday when they are on their period! So it may you may be able to splurge a little bit more and not throw yourself off track.
  • megbar1979
    Options
    I usually feel the need to cheat a lot when I am visited by Aunt Flo, but I am being visited and amazingly I have not felt the need to eat my own weight in chocolate. Here are my tips. I don't allow myself to get hungry I have been eating healthy snacks every two hours so I don't get hungry. Fruit is great most fruits are fairly low cal and they help satisfy the sweet tooth. Fat-free chocolate milk helps. Yogurt or pudding both are sweet and creamy. Kellogs: Special K chocolaty delight. It is crunchy and delicious and has little chocolate chips. Finally, my very favorite: Skinny Cow Ice cream wheels. They are so yummy, they don't taste like low fat ice cream, but they are only 140 calories. The bars help with portion control.

Also, I read recently in a Woman's Fitness magazine that women burn 4% more calories everyday when they are on their period! So it may you may be able to splurge a little bit more and not throw yourself off track.

Great ideas, thanks! And 4% more calories? Wow, if that's true that's awesome! I've discovered a couple of Ice Cream not so guilty pleasures - Nestle Drumsticks now makes "Lil Drums" in 2 flavors, only 140 cals each. And Weight Watchers Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream cups are only 140 calories and just like Skinny Cow don't taste diet!