Excuses? or stretched too thin?

Options
I started Jillian's 30 Day Shred 10 days ago or so-today would be Day 1 on level 2 and I have no motivation to do it. Or desire. I teach 4 Zumba classes and 1 Aqua Zumba class a week and finding time everyday to add in the Shred is draining. I started the Shred because I lost 2 of my Zumba classes (was teaching 6/week) and wanted to do something in place of those 2 classes ...but thinking the daily thing isn't going to work out as well as planned. Last week I struggled with my classes because I was tired from the dvd. I haven't even been able to work on new songs for my classes either. :(

My goal this year was to add 2 strength trainings a week-should I just go back to that goal and put the Shred on hold until I am stronger to do both my classes and Shred in the same day, or do I just suck it up and push through it? I am truly on the fence on if I am doing too much or if I am not pushing myself enough.... thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've attempted that DVD several times (and am attempting it again right now). I HATE IT. I have to force myself and I keep taking days off. It's great workout, so I'm keeping at it, but I have always just gotten so bored and annoyed in the past that I never make it past level 2.

I'm going to persevere through sheer willpower this time. I'm determined. But it is not a fun DVD.
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome and I would say go back to your original goal and then when you feel stronger add in the Shred. I would also suggest giving yourself a time line to start back at the Shred so that you don't forget to restart. Maybe revisit the idea in April when you've had a couple of months to get stronger. I don't know, just an idea. Really only you can decide whether or not this is an excuse or legit. I would say it sounds legit if it is effecting you teaching your classes. Jillian isn't going to personally come to your house and kick your butt so don't be afraid to listen to your body! lol You are doing awesome!
  • jschuett12
    jschuett12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys- I talked it through with my bestie (and motivator) and we came to a similar conclusion that if it is affecting my job, then it is probably too much at one time. I think I will keep doing it- just not on a daily basis-so it may take me closer to 60 days to complete it but it's a start. I'm sure that I will still see some results no matter how often I do it, just by doing it though I do hope to revisit it and do it for the 30 days straight. :) And I will be doing my Tues/Thurs strength as originally planned. Sometimes it just helps to talk it out and not just go back and forth in your own head :)