So confused!!

Options
Over the weekend, I've been really ill, so I haven't exercised and eaten a LOT more than I should.
On my weigh in today, I expected to gain, but I lost 3 pounds?? WHY??

Replies

• armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    It's probably your body's way of saying,"Thank you!" You might be eating too little for your activity level. Are you sure you are sedentary? Sitting on your butt ALL day? MFP has their caloric levels set a little low for most people IMO. One of the girls in my group of 2000+ eaters is about your height, weights less than 100lbs, and eats twice what you do!
  • rockgal01
    Options
    If your calories haven't been right before than this may be the fact that what you did over the last couple days were better. Even with a couple days off from exercise your body will still be in fat burning mode as well.
    Over the weekend, I've been really ill, so I haven't exercised and eaten a LOT more than I should.
    On my weigh in today, I expected to gain, but I lost 3 pounds?? WHY??
  • Tanishhaaaaaa
    Tanishhaaaaaa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm sedentary.... Does school count as sedentary??
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    you are still young, and might not even be finished growing yet, so I'd be hesitant to have too much of a deficit. Aim for 0.5lbs of weight loss per week a most. Being smaller, the weight is going to come off slower. Also, you said school? Are you still in high school? College? Do you walk around a lot, do chores every day, exercise every day? If you answered yes to any of those, then set yourself to active or lightly active.