Started Power 90 today

Options
Hello all,

37 years old, 6'4 317 pounds a week ago. Joined fitness pal started "semi" watching what I eat and working out at the gym and I'm down to 313. I have a whole bunch to lose so at first it always melts off me.

So I pop in the power90 dvd and the dude starts stretching and it TOTALLY KICKS my butt. The cardio part of it was easier for me than the stretching. Makes no sense that it's harder to stretch than to do cardio but it was. I had to pause the DVD twice but feel like I did OK for my first time at it.

All I know is I thought I was doing something when I did 35 or 40 minutes on the elliptical or the treadmill or the stationary bike but I think I just found out I wasn't doing much...

Wish me luck ! I want to be 210 to 225 someday. I've been 225 before so I KNOW I can DO THIS !

Chad

Replies

• chadadkins
    Options
    Hello all,

37 years old, 6'4 317 pounds a week ago. Joined fitness pal started "semi" watching what I eat and working out at the gym and I'm down to 313. I have a whole bunch to lose so at first it always melts off me.

So I pop in the power90 dvd and the dude starts stretching and it TOTALLY KICKS my butt. The cardio part of it was easier for me than the stretching. Makes no sense that it's harder to stretch than to do cardio but it was. I had to pause the DVD twice but feel like I did OK for my first time at it.

All I know is I thought I was doing something when I did 35 or 40 minutes on the elliptical or the treadmill or the stationary bike but I think I just found out I wasn't doing much...

Wish me luck ! I want to be 210 to 225 someday. I've been 225 before so I KNOW I can DO THIS !

Chad
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck, we know you can do it too!!:happy:
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hi Chad,

I started Power 90 on March 1, so I'm almost to day 30. I moved to the 3/4 workouts on Wed and they are really kicking my butt. There is a thread here, if you'd like to join in on the convos:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/41629-power-90-who-s-with-me?page=25

Stretching is hard at the beginning of the workout, but easier after you are "warmed up". It'll get better. Don't skip days, eat right, and after 90 days, you'll be happy! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP. You will love it here. This is a great site. It is so supportive, helpful, and motivational. Everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Congratulations on your choice to better your life!

Eat well, and track your calories, weigh yourself weekly (although I admit--I weigh daily! :embarassed: ) and measure, measure, MEASURE your body parts!

If you like to read inspiring blogs, take a look at mine :wink: located here at MFP (the address is in my signature).

Friend me, if you like. :smile: I am always here to listen and support! :flowerforyou:

~Amy~