"Green" Shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I did get fresh collard greens and kale at the store last night. Will be trying them this week. I'll let you know if they change the flavor any.I'm excited!
  • clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing ideas everyone! I've tried green smoothies in the past and never really liked them. I tried again today and wound up with a delkcious green smoothie. I will be adding greens to my morning smoothie from now on.

What worked for me:
    1 cup unsweerened vanilla almond milk
    1 banana
    3/4 cup frozen mixed fruit
    2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
    3 cups fresh spinach (i pulled the stems off)
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    Looks good!
  • KYMUSE
    KYMUSE Posts: 66
    Options
    Try switching out the spinach for other greens. Collards make a truly amazing smoothie colour and you don't taste them one bit. And all types of kale are delicious in smoothies. Just remove the thick centre stem (which can be bitter). Oh so so good! You should really avoid eating the same greens day to day, week to week as all greens contain varying forms of alkaloids and you can get alkaloid build up if you eat only one kind of green (ie spinach) all the time. If you are adventurous try dandelion greens (removing centre stem). One of my favourite green smoothies is frozen mango, frozen banana, raw greens and either an organic apple juice (like Santa Cruz - the brown coloured ones) or throw in a couple of peeled oranges and water if needed. You can add in extra protein by adding ground hemp or ground chia seed. Enjoy :-)

I did not know this-eek, I do tend to stick to my favorite (kale)..but I now know to switch! Thanks:happy: