Breast Cancer Information

Options
terri0027
terri0027 Posts: 51 Member
There is a little known form of Breast Cancer called Inflammatory Breast Cancer.

It is very rare and even some cancer information web sites do not address this type of cancer. Many doctors do not know how to diagnose it. It does not show up on a mammogram and does not cause lumps. It does have some very specific symptoms but for many women who have it, it is usually misdiagnosed as something else and not discovered until stage 4. Stage IV cancers have often metastasized, or spread to other organs, or throughout the body. There is almost no hope at this stage.

The link below is a news story about this disease. Paste it into your browser, watch the video, and spread the word to all the women you know. You could save a life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s9_UrVtc6c

Replies

• terri0027
    terri0027 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There is a little known form of Breast Cancer called Inflammatory Breast Cancer.

It is very rare and even some cancer information web sites do not address this type of cancer. Many doctors do not know how to diagnose it. It does not show up on a mammogram and does not cause lumps. It does have some very specific symptoms but for many women who have it, it is usually misdiagnosed as something else and not discovered until stage 4. Stage IV cancers have often metastasized, or spread to other organs, or throughout the body. There is almost no hope at this stage.

The link below is a news story about this disease. Paste it into your browser, watch the video, and spread the word to all the women you know. You could save a life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s9_UrVtc6c
  • Blossom01
    Blossom01 Posts: 658
    Options
    Thank you for the information. :happy: I will look it up.
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    My sister was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Not this kind though but thank you as i had not heard of Inflammatory Breast Cancer.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    breast cancer in general scares me, i have had a breast reduction 5 years ago and since then they have had to remove 2 lumps off my left breast and this tuesday i have to go have the right one checked out,, not fun, scary times it is.. good luck to you all..