Ladies...personal question...

Options
Ok, so I wasn't sure where to post this so hopefully it's ok here....

Ladies...when you first started working out, did it mess up your cycle? I'm praying many of you will say yes...

Replies

• 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My cycle was always very different each month, but when I started working out I noticed I started to get it more on time. So it must have a change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse..
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    I found that it did... Totally missed January
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm hoping that exercise is playing games with mine!
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    coming from a Mom of five... if you are late and have had unprotected sex, buy a test!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I know last June when I started exercising a lot, I had a period that was like...(sorry tmi) literally a tiny barely anything spot one morning and then NOTHING. I completely freaked out as i'm on the pill and usually i'm like clockwork because of that. I took a test and it was negative, so I figured i'd just see how things went the next month, I have been normal since then...I don't know for sure that that was the cause, but it's the only thing that was different. I'd advise taking a test just to put your mind at ease.
  • CountryGal83
    Options
    I know last June when I started exercising a lot, I had a period that was like...(sorry tmi) literally a tiny barely anything spot one morning and then NOTHING. I completely freaked out as i'm on the pill and usually i'm like clockwork because of that. I took a test and it was negative, so I figured i'd just see how things went the next month, I have been normal since then...I don't know for sure that that was the cause, but it's the only thing that was different. I'd advise taking a test just to put your mind at ease.

Yeah, I had some spotting but was like a week early. I'm on the pill and only get it every 3 months and it's always super light anyways. But I prob will buy a test just to double check.
  • LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I was.really worried about this too ... iv been regular for 10 yrs like clockwork ... since iv been working out doing the shred and calorie counting i came on 10 days early and still have not.stopped :(
  • CountryGal83
    Options
    Glad I'm not alone. Gotta love being a woman!!!
  • swiftfox82
    Options
    not mine! i think every one is different
  • kaybelmore
    Options
    I find it will only cause problems if i make drastic changes or really over-do it on the exercise. If you are taking supplements those can have an effect; excessive soy, primrose (found in EFA's), ginseng, and several other common herbs (particularly any photo -estrogens) can mess up your cycle if you have a sensitive system.

Stress is a also huge factor too, so save yourself the worry and take a test :)
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    Congrats, you are pregnant!!!

No really, I think it messes up your cycle. Mine is the opposite though and it seems to be heavier and more often since I have been working out. But since I had a baby 6 months ago, that could still be messing it up.
  • bikiniready201
    Options
    i take the pill so it comes every month on time but i do notice when im losing weight that it is a lot lighter and sometimes it lasts just for a day or 2. I dont get too worried tho, my DR said thats common when you drop your caloric intake, and in my case I was under 1000 cal some days with weight watchers, so it kinda made sense to me :)
  • poizonivey
    poizonivey Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am actually going thru this at this very moment. I am about 5 days late and have been working out 4-5 days a week for the past 3 weeks....so yeah..I am blaming it on the exercise....but in another few days I will buy a test to make sure! Hoping everyone gets theirs soon!!
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've seen a change but it was for the better. I was heavy, long lasting and really crampy...since I started working out everything has improved.
  • sarahstoltman
    Options
    with my birth control and being overweight I havent had a period since May of last year. I started running and exercising daily, dropped 20 lbs and have now been on my period for 3 weeks blah... everyone is so different. i would take a test just to be on the safe side
  • Keyetta1
    Options
    My cycle has totally been thrown off! I wasn't sure what was going on but now that you have posted this, it makes sense! :bigsmile:
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Mine became more regular. Previous to working out/eating better it was all over the place. I'd get my period, then go a month and a half without, get it, go a month, get it, go two without. Now I get it every month.
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    My cycle was always very different each month, but when I started working out I noticed I started to get it more on time. So it must have a change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse..

same with me :)
  • MrsJackieH
    MrsJackieH Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    yes mine got thrown off, and i am on the pill to and was always like u said clockwork. but after about 2 cycles i was back to a normal schedual :) actually shorter :)
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I haven't had one for 2 years! Woohoo! I heart Mirena!