detox recommendations?

Options
I ate terrible this past weekend and I want to detox my body of the yuckiness. Any thoughts? I do love Peach Detox Tea. Wasn't sure what else to use.

Replies

• 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I don't believe detoxes work very well. I would say just eat healthily, work out to sweat out the toxins and drink a lot of water to flush it out. Drinking Vinegar for 3 days is not going to make a difference except drive you loopy.
  • PameW
    PameW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My doctor has me on a liver detox diet. First we've eliminated Caffeine and Dairy. It has made a world of difference. I'm no longer bloated for sure. She has me drink a cup of warm water with lemon first thing in the morning followed by a bottle of good clean water. She said I could drink the Yogi detox tea to move things along but more importantly no less than 10-8 ounce bottles of water daily!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I work for a large well known medical group. None of our physicians here recommend any kind of detox. Just eat lots of fresh veggies/fiber and drink lots of water.
  • crazyola26
    crazyola26 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am actually doing a detox today!!! Your 24-hour holiday detox plan! Alternate between lemon water and detox juice drinks, drinking one every waking hour. Holiday Detox Juice 8 oz. unsweetened cranberry juice 1 cup unsweetened 100% pomegranate juice 7 cups water ½ cup orange juice ½ tsp. cinnamon ¼ tsp. ground cardamom A pinch ground cloves In a 3-quart saucepan, heat juices and water to just boiling. Reduce heat to low; stir in spices and simmer for 5 minutes. Warm juice before drinking. Makes 9.5 cups. Fat-melting lemon water - For each serving, mix 8 oz. water with juice of ½ lemon or 1 Tbs. bottled lemon juice. Sample drinking schedule: 7am 1 cup lemon water 8am 1 cup detox juice 9am 1 cup lemon water 10am 1cup detox juice and so on…
  • brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    3-day shakeology cleanse is AWESOME
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Detox and body cleanse are two different things. Beet juice is good for cleansing the liver, cranberry juice can cleanse the kidneys, and a good insoluable fiber is good for sweeping out the bowel. The best thing you can do is "eat clean", which means foods high in antioxidants such as brightly colored veggies and fruits, get good fiber sources, and eat lean meats.