100 lb Challenge! Start Feb 1 or join in any time!

Options
Here's a challenge for those of us looking to lose 100+ lbs. It does not have an end date, but weekly weigh-ins and/or measurements to keep us on track. You may choose however you want to keep track (for example, fitting into smaller pants, etc.). I found a few websites that have body fat estimators based on measurements, and I'm going to track mine monthly. For example: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/bfb uses the formula developed by the U.S. Navy.

I chose the first day of the month for a fresh start, but I'm going to use Saturdays for my weekly weigh-ins. You can choose whatever day you like! I'm going to put my start weight and current weight every week and hip measurement and body fat estimate every first of the month.

I have met some really cool people on this website and I know we can have a great challenge! Set your weekly/monthly/total goal weight and if you reach it, we'll all celebrate!! If you don't we'll give you a virtual hug and tell you it's gonna be OK, next week will be better! Also, let's include every week something good we did for ourselves or someone else. It's a good way to take the focus off "weight" and onto "living each day to the fullest." Rock on, let's get to it! :glasses:

Replies

• Junie05
    Junie05 Posts: 26
    Options
    Here's a challenge for those of us looking to lose 100+ lbs. It does not have an end date, but weekly weigh-ins and/or measurements to keep us on track. You may choose however you want to keep track (for example, fitting into smaller pants, etc.). I found a few websites that have body fat estimators based on measurements, and I'm going to track mine monthly. For example: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/bfb uses the formula developed by the U.S. Navy.

I chose the first day of the month for a fresh start, but I'm going to use Saturdays for my weekly weigh-ins. You can choose whatever day you like! I'm going to put my start weight and current weight every week and hip measurement and body fat estimate every first of the month.

I have met some really cool people on this website and I know we can have a great challenge! Set your weekly/monthly/total goal weight and if you reach it, we'll all celebrate!! If you don't we'll give you a virtual hug and tell you it's gonna be OK, next week will be better! Also, let's include every week something good we did for ourselves or someone else. It's a good way to take the focus off "weight" and onto "living each day to the fullest." Rock on, let's get to it! :glasses:
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm Game.
    I could use a little motivation/Goal and a lot of support.
  • JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59
    Options
    I really like this idea. I need to lose 115lbs to be within my healthy BMI, and I could definately use the motivation. Saturdays sound good to me as weigh in/measurement days, and I like the body fat estimator since one of my goals to to build muscle. I will post my goals on Feb 1. Good luck to everyone who want's to play!
  • PattyH
    PattyH Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

I think this is a great idea Junie, count me in! I need the motivation of a goal to keep me going! :tongue: :ohwell: :laugh:

I started with a total of 144lbs to lose, I've lost 9.5lbs and 4.75 inches so far. I weigh in once a week and take measurements every 2 weeks. I was weighing in on Mondays but my sister and I are going to start encouraging each other as well (from 2000 miles apart :sad: ) and she weighs in on Fridays, so now I'm going to weigh in on Fridays. So it works out good with this challenge starting on a Friday! :wink:

LETS DO THIS 100 pound losers!!! :flowerforyou: :wink: :drinker:

Patty
  • Junie05
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad to see that we have a group starting!

Yeesh, what a problem figuring out body fat percentage!! I started checking mine on different websites and they are not even close!!

The first website I listed above gave result of 52.4% for Navy method and 38% for YMCA method...
    http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html = 40%
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/ = 32.5%

My Taylor brand home scale shows 56%

I guess I'll just go by my measuring tape for progress and not worry about what the % is until I get close to my goal weight. :noway:

My first mini-goal is to get at least one pair of size 18 to zip up by Valentine's Day. I had 3 pair of pants I couldn't fit into, and the other day my sister gave me another pair she found on sale....how embarrasing that I couldn't put them on. Now all 4 pants are just hanging there in the closet. :cry:
  • maybeoneday
    Options
    ok
  • GodzGirl
    Options
    I'm in...Since my next weight in is on weds. I'll be starting with that new weight...K,

My weekly weight-ins will also be on Weds.

I hope to see more of us join ...
  • Junie05
    Options
    Althought it isn't the first of the month yet, here are my beginning stats:

Wt: 243 (I'm 5'6")
    Body Fat - depends on the source! I think it's around 50%
    Hips 51" Thigh 31"
    Women's jean size 20

:huh:
  • mygoal
    mygoal Posts: 6
    Options
    Sounds good! I would like to join in too.
  • Gotmilk9579
    Options
    Sweet, I've got about 130 lbs to go...I could be here for a very long time
  • Gina1960
    Options
    Count me in!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MissMouse85
    MissMouse85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This sounds exactly like the motivation and support I need...I have almost exactly 100 pounds to go until my healthy BMI range, so I'm in!

Right now I'm 5' 5" and I weigh 241. I'll be checking in on Tuesdays with my updated weight, and every 4 weeks or so with my new measurements. Let's do this!!!
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Here we go February 1
    I am at 226
    The first step in 100 pound weight loss
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be in, though I started losing already so I only have 76 lbs more to go, but hey I'll strive for 100!!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I have 81.6 lbs of my original 107 to loose so I am totally game. I have not been doing all I can do so maybe with some like goal minded people I can get a boost!

I actually weighed in today by fluke so starting weight is 221.6
    Overall goal is between 140-150 (going for what looks good on me when all is said and done)

Goal right now, break the 220's and the 210's by months end. I do not want to go to the water parks again this summer looking like a beached whale! :laugh:
  • abetterme
    Options
    I would love to join.:flowerforyou:

Total weight loss wanted 99lbs
    starting weight 254.6 (5'8)
    weight today 242.0
    Womens size 18
    Goal weight 150-160 (Not sure if I would look right going lower than that so I will just have to wait and see)

I still need to do my measurements. I really need to do them cause the scale isn't moving much but my 18's are getting really lose.

This is such a great idea!

Lisa
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Okay, I need more motivation. I am already doing the biggest loser challenge but this one sounds fun too. Can I join???

Hubby and I weigh in on Sunday so I will post today's weight and then again on Sunday and every Sunday after that. We measure once a month. We just took measurements today so what a good time to star. So here goes:

Todays Weight: 227lbs :sad:
    Goal Weight: 150 (maybe smaller after I get there!)
    Hips: 47.75
    Waist: 39
    Pants: Womens 20/22 depending on the cut/brand.

Thanks for the motivation

Memaw:flowerforyou:
  • meanmommy
    Options
    Okay I think this is what I need.
  • Junie05
    Options
    I won't be near a computer for the weekly "check-in" next week, but today I was 244lbs. Oh, I hate how you THINK you are a size 20 (or whatever size), but you are NOT! As Memaw has pointed out, it depends on the cut and brand. I thought I was going to get to wear a cute outfit on my trip to visit my son, but it's still too tight across the "back end" although I've lost 1/2" in my thighs since I started to work out. :cry: Well, all righty then. I have a bit of work ahead of me!!!!

I'm so glad we are in this together! :heart:
  • Junie05
    Options
    I have an idea....I could grow 2 inches taller by Thursday and then my weight will be more evenly distributed....baggy pants for sure by the time I get on the plane!! HAHA!!!